PDA

View Full Version : Soul Sirkus - Neal Schon

Spudman
August 26th, 2007, 05:45 PM
All star band fronted by Jeff Scott Soto (Yngwie Malmsten, Talisman). Featuring Neal Schon (Journey, HSAS) Virgil Donati (best drummer in the world, Scott Henderson, Tribal Tech), Marco Mendoza (Blue Murder, Thin Lizzy, Ted Nugent, Whitesnake)

This rocks! And yes Neal Schon actually can play guitar. I guess he just needed to get away from Johnathan Cain.:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb3-HiyCwkQ

Katastrophe
August 26th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Dude, you beat me to this... I was going to post up when I saw them mentioned in another thread. This song is one hell of a rocker!

It's hard to imagine, but Neal Schon started playing professionally at 19, or something ridiculous like that.

Spudman
August 26th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Dude, you beat me to this... I was going to post up when I saw them mentioned in another thread. This song is one hell of a rocker!

It's hard to imagine, but Neal Schon started playing professionally at 19, or something ridiculous like that.

He was working with Santana (not Santa) at 15 years old.

Tone2TheBone
August 26th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Got my CD Spud thanks! I'll be posting more comments after I've listened to some of this stuff but hell yes Neal can play. :)

Katastrophe
August 27th, 2007, 05:51 AM
He was working with Santana (not Santa) at 15 years old.

DANG! I knew he was young, but not THAT young...

333maxwell
August 27th, 2007, 07:18 PM
All star band fronted by Jeff Scott Soto (Yngwie Malmsten, Talisman). Featuring Neal Schon (Journey, HSAS) Virgil Donati (best drummer in the world, Scott Henderson, Tribal Tech), Marco Mendoza (Blue Murder, Thin Lizzy, Ted Nugent, Whitesnake)

This rocks! And yes Neal Schon actually can play guitar. I guess he just needed to get away from Johnathan Cain.:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb3-HiyCwkQ
Schon is a fine player by any standards, who can hold his own quite well indeed!

zeusse
August 27th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Rockin tune I think the whole Journey thing was only good for his pocket book he never got any acclaim for his playing on those albums, this is the kinda stuff I wish he would have done years ago

Tone2TheBone
August 28th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Ok now that I imported this CD into my iPod I can post a comment or two.

This is a great departure for Neal. The evolution into the next stage of his talent. An excellent escape that provides us a look into the frontiers of our imagination for the millions of us raised on radio. This record will last into infinity.

:)

Jeff also does a hell of job on rock 'n roll vocals as always.