PDA

View Full Version : Marshall Amps

Bloozcat
August 27th, 2007, 06:20 AM
Just a heads up...

I got an e-mail this weekend from Randy Akins at Sweetwater regarding Marshall amps. Marshall has announced to the industry that they are raising prices accross the board on their amps by as much as 10% beginning September 1st. If anyone has been thinking about buying a Marshall, I'd say that this week would be the time to go for it while it's still 10% cheaper.

This info has not been released to the general public by Marshall, and I really appreciate that Sweetwater let's it customers know about things like this.

Katastrophe
August 27th, 2007, 06:51 AM
Boy, that's timely info, Blooz... I'm going amph shopping again today!

Robert
August 27th, 2007, 07:08 AM
Wow, I thought they were already expensive!

I'd get a used good old Marshall on eBay instead.

Ger the man
September 7th, 2007, 05:41 AM
Personally I think Marshall's are over rated and over priced. I'd go for Fender or Roland.

Tone2TheBone
September 7th, 2007, 08:43 AM
Ahem.

Spudman
September 7th, 2007, 08:45 AM
Ahem.
Ditto.

Plank_Spanker
September 7th, 2007, 10:07 AM
^^^^^^Oh, you Marshall guys are so sensitive! :D

You know I'm kidding, of course.............................:beer:

Spudman
September 7th, 2007, 10:16 AM
^^^^^^Oh, you Marshall guys are so sensitive! :D

Every nuance of our emotions can be felt because our amphs are so superior.

Tone2TheBone
September 7th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Every nuance of our emotions can be felt because our amphs are so superior.

Word.

oldguy
September 7th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Marshall amps (certain ones) sound great, no doubt about it. I owned a 30 and a 50 watter, both tube, both combo, 1x12 Celestion. I loved them both.
Very responsive, touchy-sensitive (like their owners) amps. The good models, of which there were many (re: "tube"), were never overrated IMO.
Many were not overpriced, either, being quite affordable. Sure, once a few models were made famous by various players, the collector market went up considerably. How much is a re-issue Fender Super Reverb, Twin, Deluxe?
A $200 Marshall won't sound like a $900 Marshall. Same thing with Fender, Traynor, etc., until you get into the boutique market, where most any $1200-$2000 amp sounds great (as well it should).
It should be noted that before there was a boutique market, however, Marshall was building amps that got "that sound", and doing a fine job of it. BTW, what "sound" will almost every boutique maker claim they can equal, and exceed? A Roland Jazz Chorus???
There's a reason they compare themselves to "that (insert adj/adv) Marshall sound. Because it's soooooo gooooooood.

I've owned(or own) Fender, Carvin, Musicman, Traynor, Laney tube amps, (ok, the Musicman is "hybrid"), and they all sounded great.
Carvin-the two I owned="trouble", loose connections, unexpected high pitched squealing, gawd awful noises right in the middle of our second set.
Marshall-Change the tubes once a year, play LOUD, sounds great.
Laney- See "Marshall"
Musicman- Tastes like......Fender
Fender-change the tubes once a year, sounds great
Traynor- Tastes great, less fat!!
And the little Epiphone Valve Jr. One volume knob & an off/on switch. You like it or you don't. Loves pedals, quality control can be an issue.

"The above represents my opinion due to user experience only and in no way reflects the opionion of current Marshall users, whether gigging musicians or not, remember, always play responsibly, dangerous when wet, may become upset if "poke- it- with- a- stick" is played, don't try this at home, kids."

Spudman
September 7th, 2007, 11:46 AM
"The above represents my opinion due to user experience only and in no way reflects the opionion of current Marshall users, whether gigging musicians or not, remember, always play responsibly, dangerous when wet, may become upset if "poke- it- with- a- stick" is played, don't try this at home, kids."

Looks like you CYA'd yourself here. Wouldn't want to upset any sensitive amph owners.:D