PDA

View Full Version : Free guitar backing tracks site

slow&alive
August 28th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Don't know if you guys have seen this one yet, but this site has nice, free BT's. If you haven't, enjoy!

http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/

SuperSwede
August 29th, 2007, 03:30 AM
Thanks!

Ahh... White Lion - "When the children cry"! Now where did I put that can of hairspray. :R

M29
August 29th, 2007, 07:00 AM
Thanks a million slow&alive thank you very much!

M29

sunvalleylaw
September 13th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Hey I missed this. Thanks SlowandAlive!

Algonquin
September 18th, 2007, 01:58 PM
This is KILLER! Well done SlowandAlive. Awesome! :beer:

Algonquin
November 13th, 2008, 05:36 AM
Bump....

http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/

Some good stuff in here Folks.

oldguy
November 13th, 2008, 05:49 AM
Here's another one I like..........the link doesn't work every time, but usually will.

http://jammer.net.ru/en/mpjam.html

slow&alive
November 27th, 2008, 01:21 AM
Hi Old Guy,

That site is great for BTs (I've glomed quite a few there in the past), and yes, it works some of the time. You might go in, get some BTs, and then all of a sudden it stops doing its thing. :thwap:

I believe it's a Rumanian site, but it has many excellent tracks...well worth the time spent there! :drool:

Thanks for pointing it out! :beer:
Cheers!
Slow

oldguy
November 27th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Hi Old Guy,

That site is great for BTs (I've glomed quite a few there in the past), and yes, it works some of the time. You might go in, get some BTs, and then all of a sudden it stops doing its thing. :thwap:

I believe it's a Rumanian site, but it has many excellent tracks...well worth the time spent there! :drool:

Thanks for pointing it out! :beer:
Cheers!
Slow

Thanks...... it has the best blues/rock selection I've seen, and the "in the style of" stuff is pretty good too.
I've posted it here before, but as new members come onboard it kinda gets lost in the shuffle and I forget to update it.
Hey, you Fretter's!!!
We always need new backing tracks.......if anybody knows any good links, feel free to share with us.
Thank you.
Glenn

Algonquin
November 27th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Hey, you Fretter's!!!
We always need new backing tracks.......if anybody knows any good links, feel free to share with us.
Thank you.
Glenn
+1... and a few more posts in the collaborations and members clips sections would be great too.

David

slow&alive
November 27th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Hi Guys,

Most backing tracks found are for specific artist songs, but I am always looking for highly prized generic blues backing tracks of superior quality. These are hard to find.

However, I just ran across some excellent ones in a most obvious of places.

Though I had been going through a google search for "blues backing track", last night I changed tactics and did the same search in YouTube...and whoa!!!

Here are some great blues BTs to jam with that are high quality (look for the 5 star ones).

Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Isl1Lk_-yw8 :AOK:

ZMAN
November 27th, 2008, 11:59 AM
I already have several of them. Can someone tell me how I can copy them to a file so I can transfer them to a CD for use in my music room. There are several new ones I don't have.
Thanks in advance.

slow&alive
December 31st, 2008, 07:31 PM
I already have several of them. Can someone tell me how I can copy them to a file so I can transfer them to a CD for use in my music room. There are several new ones I don't have.
Thanks in advance.

Hi ZMAN,

To do this I use Audacity to record it, then convert the file to mp3; once done you can then download to CD.

The trick is to first test the recording level (all songs on the internet seem to be at different levels) and get it set to optimum level; then record the entire song.

This way means you have to play/listen to the entire song at normal speed while you record it (which means this is not a real fast way to "copy" a song or backing track), but you will end up with a good track!

BTW, Audacity's quality for doing this is great--enjoy!

Craig