PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rock with?

Myles
September 30th, 2005, 08:31 AM
If you could play with any one guitarist alive or dead, who would it be?

Robert
September 30th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Tone2thebone.

Tone2TheBone
October 1st, 2005, 07:47 PM
Ditto! I want to jam with Robert!

tremoloman
October 4th, 2005, 12:05 PM
Hendrix! Hendrix! Hendrix!
I would love to say "I've been experienced!"

tehuti
October 20th, 2005, 10:30 AM
There are numerous electric guitar gods that I'd choose. But most likely I'd pick Freddie King.

marnold
October 22nd, 2005, 08:31 PM
Preferably one who is alive *rimshot*

If I could be guaranteed not to make a fool of myself, I'd say SRV.

Nelskie
October 25th, 2005, 02:53 PM
Oh yeah, it would be the right Reverend Himself, Mr. Billy F. Gibbons. First, we'd warm up by noodling around on some old Elvis cuts - perhaps "Hound Dog", and then blast into "Jailhouse Rock" (check out smokin' live version on ZZ Top's "Fandango" release). After of which, we'd buzz some of the classic Sun Records catalog, throw in a couple of Chuck Berry standards, roll through a Muddy Waters tune or two, and then zip it up with a funk-a-fied, Texas-sized version of the Venture's "Pipeline". No ZZ tunes, mind you - the Reverend plays that stuff night after night, and would want to keep it real with some of his faves. After letting me try on his "Le Afrique'" hat, we'd cut to my local Tex-Mex joint, Juano's, for some icy cold Dos Equis' and a plate of their best spicy fare. After a few laughs, he'd saddle up in his chopped '34 Ford, flash his pearly whites, and head for the border, leaving me smiling amidst a cloud of burnt rubber.

Justaguyin_nc
October 30th, 2005, 07:24 AM
Willie Nelson... just something about his witt, songs and nylon guitar that works for me and if nothing else.. they say he has the best smoke!! oh..sorry.. no no no I don't smoke it no more.. tired of waking up on the floor...

Glacies
June 11th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Bradley Nowell for me. I think out of all the guitarists, he and I would get along best. Billy Gibbons, Hendrix, Frusciante would be awesome, but I probably couldn't make too much music with them.

Spudman
June 11th, 2012, 08:01 PM
http://images.retecool.com/uploads/shabaz-holy_thread_resurrection_batman.jpg

sunvalleylaw
June 11th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Spud, you would want to jam with Adam West? :D

Photomike666
June 11th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Struggling to get it down to just one...

Any of the boys for Iron Maiden, Carlos Santana, or Kurt Hammett would be cool

But I think Brian May would top the list

deeaa
June 11th, 2012, 10:24 PM
The guitarist of my band in the 90's. Nobody famous I'd really be keen to jam with. Wouldn't know what to play with them.

I could sing for some famous dude however in a jam. Anybody really, no real preference - I'd sing for any good band if I had the time.

Tig
June 11th, 2012, 10:35 PM
I bet jamming with Robert Johnson or Son House would be cool and informative.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_f0c5szpeQGg/TTdGZ03MryI/AAAAAAAAARw/UsRRQ3DfODA/s400/robert-johnson.jpghttp://www.wirz.de/music/house/grafik/house.jpg

R_of_G
June 12th, 2012, 04:29 AM
Living: Marc Ribot
Deceased: Hubert Sumlin

Glacies
June 12th, 2012, 06:07 AM
A spammer actually rezzed it, I just added :)

NWBasser
June 12th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Being a bass player, I'm in a good position on this one.

I'd say Warren Haynes. He gives lots of space in the music for the bass to have some serious fun.

He seems to really work his leads well with the bass player too.

Bookkeeper's Son
June 12th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Being the boomer that I am......James Taylor

Tig
June 12th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Being a bass player, I'm in a good position on this one.

I'd say Warren Haynes. He gives lots of space in the music for the bass to have some serious fun.

Quite true. You should watch his recent DVD, Live At The Moody Theater. Plenty of room to play among his band mates.

R_of_G
June 12th, 2012, 05:43 PM

The late great Allen Woody always meshed rather nicely with Haynes.

I think in a bass-playing capacity, the guitarist I'd most like to play with is Jimmy Page because most of the actual bass stuff I know is Zeppelin songs.