PDA

View Full Version : Harmony Central Being Sold?

r_a_smith3530
February 12th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Has anyone heard of this?

You may have noticed that there haven't been any new reviews posted there lately. When someone I know inquired about this, he received a reply from the webmaster explaining that the site was being sold, and that nothing new was to be added until after the sale went through.

Spudman
February 12th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Harmony Central was sold to one of the big music store chains from what I've heard. Somebody like Guitar Center or Sam Ash bought it.

r_a_smith3530
February 12th, 2006, 08:51 PM
I wonder what that will do for their impartiality?

Spudman
February 13th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Exactly! Monopoly.

tremoloman
February 13th, 2006, 10:01 AM
I hope it doesn't get bogged down with loads of pop-ups and advertisements. If it does, they will lose a lot of users for sure.

Matt
February 13th, 2006, 11:09 AM
It would indeed be a shame if it became infested with popups. Its the main place I go for reviews.

regards

Matt

Nelskie
February 13th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Guys - Not being one to squelch a very relevant topic, but the HYH forum is a place to post reviews & information about CD's, DVD's, albums, and those types of things. The "Open Mic" section of our forum would be more suited to continuing the discussion on Harmony Central. Since I am not "in the know" about moving threads to different areas, perhaps I could ask Myles or Robert to move it over there if / when they come across it. r_a_ - sorry if the "Have You Heard" forum title misled you to post under this area. As you will note, there are descriptions under each main forum heading to direct your post subjects to the most pertinent area. Thanks. :)

dougb415
March 17th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Musicians Friend bought HC.