PDA

View Full Version : pie_man_25 gets a new job

pie_man_25
August 31st, 2007, 10:47 AM
so, yeah, I might get a job at the local music lessons place, unfortunately, I'll be basically a phone answerer but at least I'll be inside when it's cold and frweezing and I'll be making minimum wage, unlike with my pennysaver route (which I have affectionately nickname the penissaver), and it will show that I have more experience. also, its not that I'm not getting paid enough, its that Inobody really cares about what I do and nobody's taking the time just to say "thanks man, we know you'd rather be at home on christmas, and not feezing your A$$ off in the snow doing this" and perhaps even leaving me with a tip, not much, just enough to say "you're appreciated".

to those who don't already, thank you're local paper boy/girl, he will appreciate it.

but ona mor positive note, it's not a hundred percent yet, but they said they needed somebodybadly and they were not getting resumes so I'm pretty much guaranteed a job.

Mark
August 31st, 2007, 11:36 AM
When I had a paper boy and boy I wish I still did. Every Christmas they got $40.00 in a Xmas card. Now all they have are fat old farts driving by at 40+ mph slinging your paper god knows where, mind you Im not asking them to porch it but SOMEWHERE on MY property would be nice!! They even sent me a card with a return address for a Xmas tip hint hint. Yea right lump of dog poo is all they get for horrible service. I liked when kids did paper routes. Your a good industrious kid Pieman!!! You keep it up, your going places it just takes time.

Bloozcat
August 31st, 2007, 01:56 PM
so, yeah, I might get a job at the local music lessons place, unfortunately, I'll be basically a phone answerer but at least I'll be inside when it's cold and frweezing and I'll be making minimum wage, unlike with my pennysaver route (which I have affectionately nickname the penissaver), and it will show that I have more experience. also, its not that I'm not getting paid enough, its that Inobody really cares about what I do and nobody's taking the time just to say "thanks man, we know you'd rather be at home on christmas, and not feezing your A$$ off in the snow doing this" and perhaps even leaving me with a tip, not much, just enough to say "you're appreciated".

to those who don't already, thank you're local paper boy/girl, he will appreciate it.

but ona mor positive note, it's not a hundred percent yet, but they said they needed somebodybadly and they were not getting resumes so I'm pretty much guaranteed a job.

Freezing outside...what's that?

Oh, oh, yeah....I think I remember that.....;)

Tim
August 31st, 2007, 02:08 PM
I believe that is when you have one of them Blizzards at the local Dairy Queen.

I know they can really make your innerds cold inside if you eat em too fast!

zeusse
August 31st, 2007, 02:35 PM
Good luck with the music job even if its minimum wage its a step forward and you might get lucky down the road and meet a customer that owns a business and will want a fine upstanding individual like yourself to add some personal customer service....I had paper routes when I was young and you gotta work them if you want the tips...customer service is everything in business...I have a great paper delivery he even puts it in plastic bags on days when the weather sucks...and supplies his own plastic bags...I tip him $10.00 a week because he works it and calls me Sir...what a 9year old this kid is...wait he might be a short 20year old in disguise..:)

warren0728
August 31st, 2007, 02:36 PM
congrats pie man!

i too am having a hard time remembering what freezing outside is....but if you want me to describe 100 degrees outside with 96% humidity is...i'm your man!

ww

pie_man_25
September 1st, 2007, 04:43 PM
wow you guys are hilarious! but yeah, I'm super happy just to have this oppourtunitie for advancement and I got my FIRST TIP EVER!!!!!! last week! five dollars!!! man that feels great!