PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

Mr Grumpy
August 31st, 2007, 01:25 PM
Hi - n00b here, middle aged born again guitarist (42) from Warrington England. Plugging away but struggling a bit, need a good helpful forum. Found this via dolphinstreet (EXCELLENT site!).

Got a Vox AD30 amp etc as per signature, love the amp and my almost unique Gordon Smith guitar (as far as I am aware only 2 ever made, and mine is the first, certified as such by Gordon Smith). I'll get round to a piccy post soon enough I expect. If you google 'Gordon Smith Guitars' and look in the GS range under GS1.5-40, the picture you see is actually my guitar before I collected it. Pity I can't do it justice-hope this site will help. So thats me - Hello! :)

Bloozcat
August 31st, 2007, 01:51 PM
Has anyone told you of our initiation ritual where you have to surrender one piece of gear to each Moderator to gain entry?

Just kidding, just kidding. ;)

(I thought it was a good idea. I don't know why it never works....:rolleyes: )

Welcome aboard Mr. Grumpy!

Tim
August 31st, 2007, 02:11 PM
Hello Mr. Grumpy. You came to the right place to have your questions answered and meet a bunch of great guys from all over.

Spudman
August 31st, 2007, 02:12 PM
Has anyone told you of our initiation ritual where you have to surrender one piece of gear to each Moderator to gain entry?

Oh ya. I had completely forgotten about that.;)

Welcome and hallelujah that you have found the strength and glory of Guitar.

oldguy
August 31st, 2007, 02:14 PM
Welcome to thefret, MrGrumpy, glad you popped by.:D

Robert
August 31st, 2007, 02:26 PM
Welcome Mr Grumpy, thanks for joining!

So why are you grumpy? Hope we can make a Happy Fretter out of you!

sunvalleylaw
August 31st, 2007, 02:28 PM
Welcome Mr. Grumpy! I can't wait to see what that guitar looks like.

warren0728
August 31st, 2007, 02:31 PM
welcome Mr Grumpy....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww

note: this welcome copyrighted 2007...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

Brian Krashpad
September 21st, 2007, 11:01 AM
Welcome, you don't seem that grumpy to me!

Glad to see someone from Blighty make it over here. Lotsa Yanks and Canucks.

just strum
September 21st, 2007, 05:57 PM
Mr G,

I just signed up recently and should get caught up on some of the other new members. Welcome aboard, it seems like a great place to be.

Okay, now for why I really posted - I read above about that perk you Moderators get - where do I sign up????

ted s
September 21st, 2007, 08:29 PM
Welcome Grump, glad you could join us.

tot_Ou_tard
September 22nd, 2007, 06:40 AM
Welcome, that sounds like a great guitar!

As for the tribute to the moderators, I always wondered why Tone had so many d@mned cowbells. :D

Guitar Gal
September 23rd, 2007, 09:40 AM
Hello and welcome MrG :D

Hope that by hanging around here you won't be as grumpy :eek:

GG

M29
September 24th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Hello Mr Grumpy,

Welcome aboard :AOK:

M29

duhvoodooman
September 28th, 2007, 05:23 AM
Welcome to TheFret, Mr. Grumpy! You'll have to fill us in on the origin of that nickname. Hoping you don't have some weird 7 Dwarves fetish thing happenin'! ;) :D