PDA

View Full Version : $20 speakers - last day 8-31-07

Spudman
August 31st, 2007, 01:41 PM
Today is the last day to get these speakers at the introductory price. If you are in need of a Celestion type speaker then here is your solution. Hurry!

http://warehousespeakers.com/

Tim
August 31st, 2007, 02:00 PM
I can't find a phone number at their site. Do you know if 10 inch speakers also apply? I would love to replace the 10 inch in my AD30VT. Hmm I don't remember the ohms. I think it is 8 ohms.

Spudman
August 31st, 2007, 02:08 PM
I can't find a phone number at their site. Do you know if 10 inch speakers also apply? I would love to replace the 10 inch in my AD30VT. Hmm I don't remember the ohms.

You have to buy from their Ebay link.
You get lower shipping costs if you buy more than one. So if you know anyone or are planning to build or buy a cabinet in the future it might be more cost effective to get more than one (and that will help satisfy some GAS too).;)

Justaguyin_nc
August 31st, 2007, 02:35 PM
Spuds..have you or any one here for that matter heard these speakers? how do they compare? quick response needed..thinking of making another cab with vintage 30's this time.. might be the way... they actually selling them for $21.00 and 15+ in shipping.. compared to the ebay store...

Spudman
August 31st, 2007, 04:02 PM
I haven't heard these yet. I got the information from Brian Wampler. He has the Indy Guitarist effect modification site and does stuff with Brent Mason. His pedal board was just on another thread here.

I figure if Brian likes them and uses them then they probably are a pretty good speaker. I read the Harmony Central reviews for the Celestion version so I can picture these as being every bit as good.

marnold
August 31st, 2007, 05:29 PM
That link was for last month. Here's the new one: $29
http://cgi.ebay.com/10-inch-Guitar-Speaker-16ohm-20watt-SEAMED-CONE_W0QQitemZ200145654613QQihZ010QQcategoryZ12116 5QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Spudman
August 31st, 2007, 06:37 PM
Here is their Ebay store page.
http://stores.ebay.com/Warehouse-Guitar-Speakers

Yes the 10 inch speaker costs more. The $21 price is for a vintage Celestion type 12 inch. It's possible that the 10 inch prices won't go up.

You could email and ask them and if it isn't going to change in price then you can get a report on how the 12 inch sounds before you order a 10 inch.

Justaguyin_nc
August 31st, 2007, 06:37 PM
That link was for last month. Here's the new one: $29
http://cgi.ebay.com/10-inch-Guitar-Speaker-16ohm-20watt-SEAMED-CONE_W0QQitemZ200145654613QQihZ010QQcategoryZ12116 5QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

oops..ya right Marnold.. sorry Tim.. thought ya could get a deal to..:)

Mark
August 31st, 2007, 07:27 PM
Spuds..have you or any one here for that matter heard these speakers? how do they compare? quick response needed..thinking of making another cab with vintage 30's this time.. might be the way... they actually selling them for $21.00 and 15+ in shipping.. compared to the ebay store...

I have heard a lot of good reviews on the at different forums.

duhvoodooman
September 1st, 2007, 11:35 AM
Their website says they have a 12" Blue Alnico speaker coming out soon. Considering what the Celestion originals go for ($250 apiece, typically), it will be very interesting to see where they price these and, of course, how good they sound....

Spudman
September 1st, 2007, 04:31 PM
Their website says they have a 12" Blue Alnico speaker coming out soon. Considering what the Celestion originals go for ($250 apiece, typically), it will be very interesting to see where they price these and, of course, how good they sound....

I read some forum talk from him about those Blue speakers and it's going to be a while because they are turning out to be too expensive to produce for now. When he can find someone to manufacture them at the price he wants then he will indeed be selling them. Just beware that that speaker is longer than many stock speakers and can cause fitting problems in some combo amphs.