PDA

View Full Version : Obligatory YouTube Vid

Highway_61
August 31st, 2007, 09:48 PM
I'm new here. Second post, though I have lurked a bit, The forum seems great, civilized, intelligent.
I found out about the forum via Robert's great web site (which is the main reason that about 5,000 people bought Squier '51s).

Anyway, as my introduction, here's a performance that was posted on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYCkqLOJXRI

oldguy
August 31st, 2007, 10:10 PM
Wow!!!
No further intro needed!!!
Thanks for sharing that, you rock!!!
You have a great voice, and your guitar playing compliments your singing wonderfully.

helliott
August 31st, 2007, 10:50 PM
Deep bows, as in props. Real lyrics, poetic. Loved the song, and the slide was a perfect interpretation. What's the tuning, and how did you get the guitar to sound so acoustic, or was it just low volume and acoustics? This is a good tune, and I'd love to hear a band behind it. Are Jackson Browne and David Lindley among your influences?

Highway_61
September 1st, 2007, 01:49 AM
Thank you very much.
I truly didn't expect the generous praise.
The guitar is a Peavey Generation w/ piezo bridge saddles. I spent a lifetime being unable to embrace anything Peavey, but I now have two of the Peavey Generations (they made a number of variations and versions of the variations, so the entire line becomes confusing), and they've made me get past whatever it was that made it hard for me to connect with the brand.
I am, in fact, a fan of Jackson Browne, but it's only recently that anyone has ever told me that they can hear that influence. I'm surprised by it, to tell you the truth, but, of course, I'm extremely flattered by it, too. And David Lindley: his playing on Browne's second and third albums is some of the most emotive playing ever, IMO, so to even be included in the same thought, you know...

ted s
September 1st, 2007, 05:57 AM
Very nice Richard ! Great to have you in the fold.
Yup, I can hear some Jackson Browne in there.

FrankAxtell
September 1st, 2007, 06:32 AM
Thanks for posting...your playing and vocals sound great! Solo performance is always the toughest gig....you can't hide.:)

t_ross33
September 1st, 2007, 07:09 AM
Very cool Highway! Welcome to theFret! :R

Spudman
September 1st, 2007, 10:13 AM
All right another Generation owner in the house. Love mine too as well as my other vintage Peavey guitars.
You can lay low around here no problem.:)

Justaguyin_nc
September 1st, 2007, 10:18 AM
Welcome to thefret Richard "dylan" Hart.. :) it was a pleasure to "hear" from you! applause

Jimi75
September 1st, 2007, 01:13 PM
Welcome to the Fret my friend. I am deeply impressed by your music, it touched me and that's something!

Great to have you here.

Robert
September 1st, 2007, 01:20 PM
Oh, man, I loved that! Very welcome to the Fret! Glad you liked my site too.

Man, you are talented. I cannot do what you are doing.

stingx
September 1st, 2007, 07:08 PM
Welcome aboard!

That video clip was just fantastic. Thanks for posting it. :)

Highway_61
September 1st, 2007, 07:12 PM
Thank you--all of you--very, very much. It is extremely gratifying to be complimented by fellow musicians--by one's peers--and it is equally gratifying to be given such a warm welcome to your forum.
Truly, thank you.

Spudman
September 1st, 2007, 09:19 PM
Thank you--all of you--very, very much. It is extremely gratifying to be complimented by fellow musicians--by one's peers--and it is equally gratifying to be given such a warm welcome to your forum.
Truly, thank you.

Great guy. It looks like we got another one. Which kind of beer are we going to get him to buy us this time or do we just want the obligatory cash donation?:D ;)

Highway_61
September 1st, 2007, 10:22 PM
I might not ever have the pleasure of meeting any of you, and thus, won't be able to say that the beer is on me, so I made a small donation. (I'm not exactly flush with cash right now, so "small" is the appropriate descriptor.)

Just to be sure, though, when one makes a donation, the recipient should be listed as "Vital Effect," correct?

Robert
September 1st, 2007, 10:34 PM
Many thanks Highway_61 - we received your donation. We appreciate the support! Yes, Vital Effect is the recipient.

sunvalleylaw
September 2nd, 2007, 08:32 PM
Loved it! Welcome sir!

Algonquin
September 10th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Welcome to the Fret my friend. I am deeply impressed by your music, it touched me and that's something!

Great to have you here.

Wow! No need to 'Lay low' after a performance like that...

Very nice indeed! :AOK:

Tim
September 10th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Great slide work. :beer: You have no problem singing in public. Was the song "Laying Low" a one time performance, or did you play other songs that night? I hope you got paid for you performance.:Dude:

Pickngrin
September 10th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Agreed, great performance. I too hear some Jackson Browne influence (a good thing, IMO)