PDA

View Full Version : Let Freedom...

Jimi75
September 1st, 2007, 01:31 PM
Hey folks,

I watched a report on poeple in prison and I mean those really "bad" guys, who changed their entire life after having found god and their believe.

Although I do not believe, I have tried to write a song from the poiont of view of such poeple..

I couldn't resist, had the imstrumentals already down and currently I have a fiever and a cold, but I had to make the vocal recording to keep the idea. So the vocals may sound a littel "through the nose".

http://www.box.net/shared/0jetjjynt4

I hope you like that song, it's something different for me....

Greetz
Jimi

;)

helliott
September 1st, 2007, 03:49 PM
That's a great tune. Love the funky rhythm groove, the leads are spot on as usual and the melody is great. Your little slide embellishments sound spectacular. Thanks for sharing this -- very inspirational, for me at least. Keep up the great work.

zeusse
September 4th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Most excellent and the vibrato in the guitar sounds really good gives it a real feel...this is a cool track dude and I can tell you a great way to get rid of a fever and cold too just add some whisky to your chicken noodle soup...LOL:D

sunvalleylaw
September 4th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Liked it very much Jimi! If you don't mind, this one goes on my iPod. I do believe and, having worked in the criminal justice system, and just being human, love songs and stories of redemption. Well done!

Jimi75
September 5th, 2007, 12:45 AM
Thank you guys for your kind words! I was totally afraid to post this song at first, as this topic was not the "usual" blues topic and I only adopted something I have not experienced myself.

I am happy to hear that the song goes on your iPOD Sunvalleylaw! Very cool!

:D

SuperSwede
September 5th, 2007, 01:10 AM
Song loaded into my Palm TX. Very nice Jimi!

Robert
September 5th, 2007, 06:33 AM
Great playing as always, Jimi! You are a tasty player.

Good song. You should go into a real studio and track your own album! I'd buy it in a heart beat.

Jimi75
September 5th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Great playing as always, Jimi! You are a tasty player.

Good song. You should go into a real studio and track your own album! I'd buy it in a heart beat.

Thanks Robert!
Actually, the songs with vocals that I post are a preproduction and I will finalize it in a real Studio with real Drums and Bass.

Robert
September 5th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Good to hear. I so want to play with a good group of musicians! They don't grow on trees around here, unfortunately. :(

I think you and I would sound great in a band together!

sunvalleylaw
September 5th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Good to hear. I so want to play with a good group of musicians! They don't grow on trees around here, unfortunately. :(

Oh yeah, I'd buy that! Or anything either of you put out individually. :)

Jimi75
September 5th, 2007, 01:50 PM

Ohhhh yes! Man, I wish we would live close and form a great blues and rock drenched band!

sunvalleylaw
September 5th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Time for the idea of the virtual band again!

stingx
September 7th, 2007, 05:50 AM

There's nothing stopping you guys from forming a "virtual band" and producing great tracks. I know it's not entirely the same but just think how many musicians record an album and not even see each other in a studio? To do it well, ideally you need not worry too much about using the same DAW but you should keep the plugins consisitent so that when you parse tracks between yourselves you're not missing the sounds that each track expects.

You guys are both just great to listen to that I would really love to see something like I mentioned come to fruition.

Back to the track - Jimi I really enjoyed this. I really like your playing style in general but the production on this is really fantastic even though you mention you still have some tweaking to do. The vocals are quite expressive and I love how the drums leap from the track with authority. Very well done. :R

oldguy
September 7th, 2007, 09:15 AM
Jimi, you really put it altogether on this song, I loved it.
You have a good voice, also, and your playing was great on each successive track complimenting the others. Thanks!!

Ohhhh yes! Man, I wish we would live close and form a great blues and rock drenched band!

Do it, you guys!! It'd sound great!:Dude:

sunvalleylaw
September 7th, 2007, 09:17 AM
There's nothing stopping you guys from forming a "virtual band" and producing great tracks. I know it's not entirely the same but just think how many musicians record an album and not even see each other in a studio? To do it well, ideally you need not worry too much about using the same DAW but you should keep the plugins consisitent so that when you parse tracks between yourselves you're not missing the sounds that each track expects.

You guys are both just great to listen to that I would really love to see something like I mentioned come to fruition.

Back to the track - Jimi I really enjoyed this. I really like your playing style in general but the production on this is really fantastic even though you mention you still have some tweaking to do. The vocals are quite expressive and I love how the drums leap from the track with authority. Very well done. :R

I think it would be really great! You both have Toneports too so can dial in some patches there I bet for consistency. I say you guys need to go for it!

Jimi: About your track, I enjoy having it on my iPod, thanks! I hope to be able to learn from it. I may, if you don't mind, load it into my looper and slow it down so I can play along.