PDA

View Full Version : Lead plug in place on guitar turning alittle.

GREENMACHINE
September 1st, 2007, 09:21 PM
Hey Guys
You know where you plug your lead into your guitar (not the lead but the lead plug bit on the guitar), is that suppose to move around slightly? because mine is and if its not meant to move and that can it be tightned?

Many thanks
GREENMACHINE

snarph
September 1st, 2007, 10:16 PM
Its not suppose to move and it can be tighten

Spudman
September 1st, 2007, 11:24 PM
There should be a nut on the end of the cable input jack. Just tighten that. BUT you might need to hold the rest of the input jack from inside to keep it from spinning and tearing off the wires.

Good luck it's easy to do.

GREENMACHINE
September 2nd, 2007, 10:21 PM
Hey guys
O.K thanks for all your help I'll just take it to my music teacher tonight and see if she can do it for me (cause I don't want to break it ay cause this guitar is pretty much my life lol) But I will get her to show me how to do it so I can do it if it happens again ay.

Thanks soooo much for all your help
GREENMACHINE

pes_laul
September 20th, 2007, 07:07 PM
There should be a nut on the end of the cable input jack. Just tighten that. BUT you might need to hold the rest of the input jack from inside to keep it from spinning and tearing off the wires.

Good luck it's easy to do.
yeah but if you break it its a pain in the @$$ to saughter

GREENMACHINE
September 21st, 2007, 12:04 AM
Hey Guys
Well I got it fixed yesterday and now I know what to do and how to do it. (I understood what everyone was saying here but didn't know how to do it and didn't want to break it so thats why I took it too the shop)

Thanks for all your help guys.
Cheers
GREENMACHINE