PDA

View Full Version : Cmaj BT w/ my lead

oldguy
September 2nd, 2007, 03:25 PM
BT I posted earlier w/ my stab at a lead on it.
Traynor YCV40 Anniversary, MIM Strat, Duhvoodooman's ZYS, Danelectro PB&J delay, chicken salad vibrato, pepperoni phaser.
(and obligatory bib overalls)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=x07BUAVcfug

Katastrophe
September 2nd, 2007, 06:54 PM
Gawd, but you get amazing tones, oldguy. Tasty work!

oldguy
September 2nd, 2007, 07:17 PM
Thanks, Kat. It's hard to beat a Strat thru a tube amph, and the ZYS Duhvoodooman built me is pretty awesome, too, IMHO. It took me awhile (as always) to get it dialed in, like every pedal I have, but it's versatile as he!! once you get onto it.
Glad you liked the clip... Jamstudio's pretty cool too.:p
I've learned so much here in a year, kudos to Robert and everyone else, this is one great site!!:D

helliott
September 2nd, 2007, 10:38 PM
Very nice tones. I wrestled with electric or acoustic, and dedided on acoustic classical, for better or worse. I loved your arrangment. My different take is on the backing tracks channel.

sunvalleylaw
September 2nd, 2007, 10:40 PM
Wow Oldguy! I always love hearing your playing. So expressive. I really like this take, and still have your Surfabilly backer with your lead on my iPod. Another of my favorites of yours. Thanks for starting to film yourself so I can see what you are doing.

oldguy
September 3rd, 2007, 05:51 AM
helliott, I just listened to your take. Love it!:D That classical sounds sweet, and your phrasing's cool.
Sunvalley, thanks alot, I appreciate it.
I'm still messing w/ the camera angle when I record.
It's kind of like chasing gear sound, when I think I like it, a week later I'm wanting to change it for some reason.......:rolleyes:

stingx
September 7th, 2007, 06:10 AM
That was beautifully played, Oldguy. As the others have mentioned, your tone is amazing. That setup of yours does your playing justice, I wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for posting the clip. I really enjoyed it. :DR

Robert
September 7th, 2007, 06:16 AM
Great tone, nice feel in your playing. That Traynor is sweet! It sounds more Fender-ish than my Hellhound.

Do you live in a cabin?

oldguy
September 7th, 2007, 09:09 AM
I wish! LOL, No, the house we moved into has a small room paneled with pine, and this is where my gear now resides.

Thanks for all the nice words, I appreciate it.
New smilies are way cool!!:R

M29
September 7th, 2007, 09:27 AM
Hello oldguy,

Sweet tone and playing, very nice indeed! What a joy to listen to and thank you for the time spent with the video. It has been very helpful being able to see your playing live.

Thanks again oldguy!

M29

oldguy
September 7th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Hello oldguy,

Sweet tone and playing, very nice indeed! What a joy to listen to and thank you for the time spent with the video. It has been very helpful being able to see your playing live.

Thanks again oldguy!

M29

Thanks alot, M29, I tried to incorporate as many licks as I could from the earlier videos, blues licks, rock licks, pop, etc. They can all be used interchangeably. Glad the video is helpful.