PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a PDA?

Spudman
September 3rd, 2007, 08:41 PM
I'm looking for a good handheld PDA to keep data and some audio in. Anyone have any recommendations?

250Keith
September 3rd, 2007, 08:55 PM
Hate to say it but a small blonde or brunette, your still going too lose info but it will be fun!.

Mark
September 3rd, 2007, 09:39 PM
I had an HP for three years now with no problems, have not checked out whats available these days though. Handy little tool for running the biz for sure. The main thing I wanted to be sure of is the battery life that replacement I dont have time sending this stuff in for a freaking battery. Of course a fair amount of built in memory with an extra plug in capability for a mem card of some sort is good. It was important to me even though you can sync with your computer I like haveing the redundency of the mem card. Using it for biz I cant afford to lose data.

Spudman
September 3rd, 2007, 10:40 PM
Hate to say it but a small blonde or brunette, your still going too lose info but it will be fun!.

Ha ha. If they'll fit in my pocket without getting me in trouble with Mrs. Spud then sure.:cool:

SuperSwede
September 3rd, 2007, 11:54 PM
I have a Palm TX... Big screen, Wifi, Browser capable of visiting thefret.net, MP3/Video player, really good calendar and to do apps.

http://www.jbsistemas.com.br/images/palm_tx.jpg

Jampy
September 4th, 2007, 06:58 AM
Look for one with wifi and bluetooth, bluetooth is a handy feture to turn your PDA into a GPS..

marnold
September 4th, 2007, 08:08 AM
I'll second the Palm TX recommendation. I've had mine for almost two years and use it every day.

Justaguyin_nc
September 4th, 2007, 08:21 AM
I would assume the Palm TX would be all you would need.. I used a Palm Tungsten version for many years... Palm handhelds are rugged..and feature rich..

sunvalleylaw
September 4th, 2007, 09:36 AM
I have a Palm TX... Big screen, Wifi, Browser capable of visiting thefret.net, MP3/Video player, really good calendar and to do apps.

http://www.jbsistemas.com.br/images/palm_tx.jpg

I have used the Palm Treo PDA phone for years and it has been great for my calendar, my contacts, etc. Unfortunately, the Palm OS seems to be dieing in the phone market. You can hardly get a PDA phone with Palm on it any more. I have not used the Treo for storing audio, but if Swede recs the Palm PDA, I am sure it will work great.

SuperSwede
September 4th, 2007, 09:46 AM
I have used the Palm Treo PDA phone for years and it has been great for my calendar, my contacts, etc. Unfortunately, the Palm OS seems to be dieing in the phone market. You can hardly get a PDA phone with Palm on it any more. I have not used the Treo for storing audio, but if Swede recs the Palm PDA, I am sure it will work great.

The TX has a standard headphone connector, and comes with Pocket Tunes pre-installed. Just add a SD card and you have a very nice MP3 player (it can also stream live internet radio if you upgrade to the deluxe version. The crystal clear LCD works great when watching movies too.

http://www.pocket-tunes.com/

sunvalleylaw
September 4th, 2007, 10:11 AM
The TX has a standard headphone connector, and comes with Pocket Tunes pre-installed. Just add a SD card and you have a very nice MP3 player (it can also stream live internet radio if you upgrade to the deluxe version. The crystal clear LCD works great when watching movies too.

http://www.pocket-tunes.com/

So almost the iPhone without the phone! Sounds like that should work great for SpudSteve. When my Palm Treo dies, I will probably go iPhone, because I prefer to carry only one device, my entire office runs on the Mac OS apps including mail, address book, iCal, etc., plus I can then carry just it instead of my Palm phone and an iPod. I can enter court dates when I am at court and ski dates on the hill, and sync it with my home and office computers on the fly. I am going to wait til this Palm dies and see if I can hold out for the first revision before buying, but I will probably head in that direction.

SuperSwede
September 5th, 2007, 01:27 AM
So almost the iPhone without the phone! Sounds like that should work great for SpudSteve. When my Palm Treo dies, I will probably go iPhone, because I prefer to carry only one device, my entire office runs on the Mac OS apps including mail, address book, iCal, etc., plus I can then carry just it instead of my Palm phone and an iPod. I can enter court dates when I am at court and ski dates on the hill, and sync it with my home and office computers on the fly. I am going to wait til this Palm dies and see if I can hold out for the first revision before buying, but I will probably head in that direction.

I will probably get a iPhone too, but as you said, it would be wise to wait for at least the next generation. For now the TX works brilliant for me.

Spudman
September 6th, 2007, 02:00 PM
I found a good deal on a Palm T2 so that's what I'll be getting. I don't really need an all in one phone/palm unit.

Thanks for all the input.