PDA

View Full Version : Pulled the trigger!! 18-watter!!

TS808
September 4th, 2007, 07:51 AM
I finally did it, and just ordered one of these today:

http://www.sligoamps.com/html/amps/bluesbreaker.html

My Valvetronix amps have served me well, but I really have been dying for some good tube tone at a reasonable cost, with low wattage and quality.
My strats can't wait!! :D

Robert
September 4th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Congrats, you will have fun with dat one!

How long before you get it?

duhvoodooman
September 4th, 2007, 08:28 AM
Good score. Those Sligo amps look like an outstanding value. :DR

I plan to go for an 18-watter in early 2008--but it'll be a kit, 'cuz I want to try building it myself.

Justaguyin_nc
September 4th, 2007, 08:53 AM
woohoo.. you rich 18 watter guys... enjoy it.. hope to hear some clips out of it..

sunvalleylaw
September 4th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Right on! Fill us in on it when you have had time to get to know it, please.

TS808
September 4th, 2007, 12:01 PM
Congrats, you will have fun with dat one!

How long before you get it?

It will take about 3 weeks...he has everything there, he just has two orders ahead of mine. It doesn't seem like he deals with a real high volume which is a plus, and the price was the best I could find.

The reviews I've read about these amps are pretty good. I actually have him building a 2 x 12 version of the mini bluesbreaker, which should be pretty cool.

TS808
September 4th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Good score. Those Sligo amps look like an outstanding value. :DR

I plan to go for an 18-watter in early 2008--but it'll be a kit, 'cuz I want to try building it myself.

I had considered building one, but I'm not real good with the soldering iron. I can rewire a guitar, but an amp...I don't think I could without frying myself and all the circuits in the house :D

Lev
September 4th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Looks sweet - congrats. I'd never heard of these amps before - I wonder if there's an Irish connection (Sligo is a county on the west coast).

Jimi75
September 5th, 2007, 04:49 AM
Wow! Congaratulations!
18 watters are so good sounding.....

Jamie O
September 6th, 2007, 08:36 PM
I took a peek and 3 days later I'm getting ready to order a Tweed Deluxe 5e3. Figured my wife would say,"You don't need that!" but instead she said " What will you do with this one?", pointing to the Blues Junior. WHich I heard as, " Buy it baby! BUY IT!" Thanks TS!

TS808
September 7th, 2007, 04:56 PM
I took a peek and 3 days later I'm getting ready to order a Tweed Deluxe 5e3. Figured my wife would say,"You don't need that!" but instead she said " What will you do with this one?", pointing to the Blues Junior. WHich I heard as, " Buy it baby! BUY IT!" Thanks TS!

Excellent!! :D

Jamie O
September 9th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Just pulled my trigger as well! In the words of Eugene Crabs, "WHERE'S ALL ME MUNNY!?!?!?"

I cant wait!

TS808
September 10th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Just pulled my trigger as well! In the words of Eugene Crabs, "WHERE'S ALL ME MUNNY!?!?!?"

I cant wait!

Congrats!! Did you get it from the same company?

Jamie O
September 10th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Congrats!! Did you get it from the same company?

Yup, The Tweed Deluxe 5e3 18 watt. Can't wait! I know it's gonna sound good, but I gotta confess, I've wanted a tweed amp for so long that I'd have bought a tweed Gorilla if they made one. I'm a bigger dork than I even suspected.:AOK: