PDA

View Full Version : Cut my hair today!

Jimi75
September 5th, 2007, 04:52 AM
The day has come. Up to today I let my hair grow for more than a year. I wear a braid right now, but it looks pretty MAFIA.

I apply for new a new job and still some businesses are very conservative, so the hair has to be cut.

Goodbye youth, goodbye rock and roll! :rolleyes:

SuperSwede
September 5th, 2007, 05:17 AM
Goodbye youth, goodbye rock and roll! :rolleyes:

Hello house, Volvo, wife, 2 kids & a dog.

Jampy
September 5th, 2007, 06:10 AM
I feel your pain, I had to cut my hair and pull out all my earings many years ago as well, but work is work and money is money...we all curse it but we all need it..

But still sad to hear, but look at it this way better to have and cut then never have at all..

Robert
September 5th, 2007, 06:29 AM
We need to see a before and after picture, Jimi!

I have been wanting to ask this for a long time - why do you always use a Johnny Depp picture for your avatar?

Spudman
September 5th, 2007, 07:10 AM
I hope this won't affect your ability to leap tall buildings in a single bound.:)

Tone2TheBone
September 5th, 2007, 08:18 AM
I was lucky that they didn't complain about my waist length hair here at work. Of course I'm Native American so they probably chalked it up to "indianism" or something and wouldn't dare tell me to cut it. I eventually did though cause I got tired of it.

Jimi75
September 5th, 2007, 09:14 AM
We need to see a before and after picture, Jimi!

I have been wanting to ask this for a long time - why do you always use a Johnny Depp picture for your avatar?

I will post before and after pictures, but I have to make sure I have one with open hair where you can see how long it is/was!

Johnny Depp? He's my soulbrother. My sister always claimed that I look a little like him with long hair, especially on my wedding pix.
I respect this guy a lot and like his attitude to keep the right to make small non Hollywood movies.

Tim
September 5th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Look at it this way Jimi ... in a few years down the road you will not have to worry about hair cuts. It will fall out on its own. It may also be another color by then.

helliott
September 5th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Got that right. I remember worrying about hair length, but not recently. Now it's more like wondering about a transplant from back region to melontop, where the skin is expanding exponentially.
Context is everything. Still like hearing about this stuff though, as it brings a smile thinking back to the various employers and their problems with extensive hairage. I recall one publisher years ago who said my bushy head didn't set a good example in the community. I told him to be thankful I didn't wear my earrings to work. He didn't get the joke.

Bloozcat
September 6th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Whenever I hear someone talk about cutting their hair, it takes me back to that time in my life when this song by Crosby Stills Nash & Young was popular:

Almost cut my hair
It happened just the other day
It's gettin kinda long
I coulda said it wasn't in my way
But I didn't and I wonder why
I feel like letting my freak flag fly
Cause I feel like I owe it to someone

When I did cut it (many moons ago), this song was again going around inside my head.

marnold
September 6th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Jimi before:
http://wongablog.co.uk/wb-images/cousinit.jpg

Jimi after:
http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/TV2/archive/00180/Brad_Pitt_180837m.jpg

Tim
September 6th, 2007, 04:14 PM
I don't think sooooo ! Jimi don't wear a hat.

Bloozcat
September 7th, 2007, 09:41 AM
I don't think sooooo ! Jimi don't wear a hat.

You tellin' me I don't wear a hat?
http://www.e-rockworld.com/images/hendrix_promo2.jpg

pie_man_25
September 9th, 2007, 01:15 PM
well, one thing you should know, is that even if they don't like the hair, you do and you should be proud of it.