PDA

View Full Version : Epiphone Triggerman Amps

Matt
February 13th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Ive just noticed these, and think they are a new line

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=69201

Now it says it has tube tone circuitry. Does this mean it has an actual tube in the preamp (like the marshall valvestates)? If so, this could be one funky amp, considering it looks so cool. I might have to save up and get one

Thoughts anyone?

Matt

warren0728
February 13th, 2006, 12:23 PM
i think it is solid state through and through...no tubes for the preamp....it does look cool... like a grown up version of my epi valve jr (true tube amp).

I like the color....

ww

SuperSwede
February 14th, 2006, 04:28 AM
E-valve is their tube "emulation" circuit. Looks like a sweet amp.

warren0728
February 14th, 2006, 06:25 AM
E-valve is their tube "emulation" circuit. Looks like a sweet amp.
it sure does...i've never heard an epi ss amp but if they are as good as their tube amps you will love it!

Wow another amp i want :D ....gonna have to build a bigger house!

ww

SuperSwede
February 14th, 2006, 07:11 AM
You can always throw out some of the kids stuff, that way you can make LOTS of room ;)

warren0728
February 14th, 2006, 07:29 AM
i like the way you think!

ww

dougb415
March 17th, 2006, 08:42 PM
I have one of the Triggerman 60 amps. I gotta say, that red tolex is beautiful. For an SS amp, it really does sound good. The built-in FX are poop, except for the lightest chorus setting (which is still just a mite too high). It has an FX loop plus XLR DI out w/ variable output. I haven't tried recording with it yet, but plan to give it a go sometime soon. 2 channel - the clean channel sounds nice, and the lead channel has a good compressed crunch, once you work with the gain setting.

All in all, for $225 this amp is a no-brainer bona-fide STEAL!