PDA

View Full Version : On The Road Again Backing Track etc..

Justaguyin_nc
February 13th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Well, those that have BIAB and wondering how to make backings.. I kinda tried myself and found a few easy ways.. plus adjusting styles for yourself and something I didn't realize... If you also have a sequencing program you can set your soundcard to MIDI record and record from BIAB straight to the sequencer (Adobe Audition for me) and it sounds pretty rich even being Midi...

I put a file up on savefile.com (about 7 megs with the half speed mp3 in there) which has 2 midi, 1 bandinabox song and 1 style and 2 mp3 backings (one full speed one half speed making it a bit large but easy to practice too) plus the tab and info file for the Willie Nelson song On The Road again... heck I guess I got feeling country waiting on a tele... hope this might help someone besides me.. I had to learn again to finger A the better way 234 fingering in place of 123 fingering and this helped me alot.. I enjoyed figuring some things out...

on the road again file location (UPDATED: smaller ZIP less Half speed MP3)
http://www.savefile.com/files/5929744

Midi preview attached here I think..(OOPS MID not a valid format.. get the zip) I believe the MP3 conversions sound much richer but not perfect... please comments welcomed if im headed the right way or not!!

:R :R

SuperSwede
February 14th, 2006, 04:41 AM
Not bad at all! However, I think the bass volume was a bit high in the MP3 conversion. In BIAB it sounded great, and with additional instruments as well! :)

Keep it up!

Justaguyin_nc
February 14th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Thanks Swede... Yeah the Bass... if ya noticed it's the quietest of the group volume wise in BIAB... I took it down to 40 but then thought maybe it was just me.. sigh.. lol... I just couldn't settle on which one to use there.. Glad you mentioned it..I like the drums and even their piano sounds but can't settle on a Bass at all.. I really was wondering if it got louder in the mp3 or I was going crazy... well.. ok we dont need to comment on the crazy part... over all I was pleased with it.. even made me watch the Highwaymen DVD again..
Thanks again Swede..always count on you...

SuperSwede
February 14th, 2006, 10:31 AM
I really like that "Highwayman" song...

Justaguyin_nc
February 14th, 2006, 10:53 AM
I really like Willie and his Nylon string guitar Trigger... Wish I knew a cheap alternative Nylon/Electric to "Pretend" I sound like him... to hard to figure which one of the cheap ones is worth it to try..

Justaguyin_nc
February 14th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Well, Seeing I thought the Bass was High and Swede was kind enough to download it and confirm my thoughts I re-did the zip less the half speed MP3 so its down to 2.32 mb ... sounds a little cleaner on bass.. adjusted the STY file as well.. heck Swede I think your the only one that looked this quick anyways..heh.. thanks again

http://www.savefile.com/files/5929744
:R :R

SuperSwede
February 14th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Np, I will download the new file and check it out as well...