PDA

View Full Version : Why?

LagrangeCalvert
September 9th, 2007, 02:25 PM
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Reverse-Flying-V-Electric-Guitar-with-New-Radical-Body-Shape?sku=514560

ted s
September 9th, 2007, 04:02 PM
not sure, maybe for staking the tomato plants ?

Spudman
September 9th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Those were from the Gibson factory in Poland. :rolleyes:

Mark
September 9th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Those are for outdoor gigs no guitar stand just stab it in the ground OR lawn dart of the musical flavor:Dude:

kerc
September 9th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Those are more aerodynamic.

Jimi75
September 10th, 2007, 07:12 AM
Oh my god, how tasteless is this?
:nono:

M29
September 10th, 2007, 07:17 AM
They went that-a-way!

M29

Bloozcat
September 10th, 2007, 07:23 AM
Makes the guitar highly maneuverable with less drag at transonic speeds.....no wait a minute, that's a reverse swept wing jet aircraft....:D

kerc
September 10th, 2007, 08:44 AM
That's for playing blues like Trebla Gnik.

duhvoodooman
September 10th, 2007, 09:07 AM
That's for playing blues like Trebla Gnik.
LOL! :D

The perfect guitar for playing The Cry is Skying....

Tim
September 10th, 2007, 09:33 AM
This guitar was featured as a limited edition back in 1984 and was designed after the Grumman Aircraft Corporation's X-29 aircraft. The new manufactured procedures used to produce this guitar design provided exceptional hand maneuverability, with a light weight structure, along with supersonic amplifier performance.

In reality there really was an X-29 aircraft. Two X-29 Forward Swept Wing aircraft were built as advanced concepts and technology demonstrators. The test program was conducted from 1984 to 1992 and provided an ample supply of engineering information which can be used for the design and development of future aircraft.

X-29 featured forward swept wings planted well in the back of the fuselage, and canards to control pitch and acted as horizontal stabilizers. This new wing design proved exceptional maneuverability, a light structure, and supersonic performance. The test results of this design showed excellent control response at angles of attack up to 45 degrees.

pes_laul
September 10th, 2007, 07:38 PM
hmmmm kinda looks like a fish:eek:

tjcurtin1
September 11th, 2007, 04:54 PM
Clearly, for the completely bass ackwards guitarist.....

To paraphrase Nigel Tufnel, "How much more backwards could it be? None. None more backwards."

Spudman
September 11th, 2007, 05:07 PM
hmmmm kinda looks like a fish:eek:

Huh? Looks nothing like him.:rolleyes:
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/Guitars/fr23.jpg

Katastrophe
September 11th, 2007, 05:33 PM
The sad thing was, I was on MF today, and they're sold out.

stingx
September 11th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Really cheap guitars and guitars as nonsensical as this sadden me because perfectly good trees were killed to make them. I find no amusement here. :reallymad:

pes_laul
September 11th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Huh? Looks nothing like him.:rolleyes:
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/Guitars/fr23.jpg
hmmm i dont get it is that sussposed to be the band phish lol:rolleyes:

pes_laul
September 11th, 2007, 07:43 PM
i think the guy from cheap trick should be able to play crazy beyond belief guitars

tot_Ou_tard
September 11th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Really cheap guitars and guitars as nonsensical as this sadden me because perfectly good trees were killed to make them. I find no amusement here. :reallymad:
What's nonsensical about it? Guitars are waAAAaay too sensical as it is, too many tele, strat, & leslie clones in the world.

Spudman
September 11th, 2007, 09:39 PM
hmmm i dont get it is that sussposed to be the band phish lol:rolleyes:

That is Fish, the legend (the bald dude). Ever hear of the band Marillion?
Sigh, my witty repartee is wasted on the youth.:thwap: :D

Katastrophe
September 12th, 2007, 04:18 AM

Nah. Just look at this as an opportunity to educate!:AOK:

Bloozcat
September 12th, 2007, 06:39 AM
This guitar was featured as a limited edition back in 1984 and was designed after the Grumman Aircraft Corporation's X-29 aircraft. The new manufactured procedures used to produce this guitar design provided exceptional hand maneuverability, with a light weight structure, along with supersonic amplifier performance.

In reality there really was an X-29 aircraft. Two X-29 Forward Swept Wing aircraft were built as advanced concepts and technology demonstrators. The test program was conducted from 1984 to 1992 and provided an ample supply of engineering information which can be used for the design and development of future aircraft.

X-29 featured forward swept wings planted well in the back of the fuselage, and canards to control pitch and acted as horizontal stabilizers. This new wing design proved exceptional maneuverability, a light structure, and supersonic performance. The test results of this design showed excellent control response at angles of attack up to 45 degrees.

I got to see one of the X-29 prototypes when they brought it down to what was then the Grumman Plant nearby. I've got a tie tack of the X-29 that was given to me that day. Cool concept, but it didn't impress enough for a military production prototype to be requested. The Russians even tried a model that was remarkably similar to the X-29, but they dropped it too.

marnold
September 12th, 2007, 08:46 AM
Actually, I'm thisclose to 40 and I thought the same thing that pes did.

Spudman
September 12th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Nah. Just look at this as an opportunity to educate!:AOK:

Like Kat said. Now you know.

SuperSwede
September 12th, 2007, 01:26 PM
I got to see one of the X-29 prototypes when they brought it down to what was then the Grumman Plant nearby. I've got a tie tack of the X-29 that was given to me that day. Cool concept, but it didn't impress enough for a military production prototype to be requested. The Russians even tried a model that was remarkably similar to the X-29, but they dropped it too.

Are you referring to the Sukhoi S-37 Berkut?

http://www.robotechresearch.com/rpg/vehicles/ebsis/sukhoi_s_37/s37_3.jpg

tjcurtin1
September 12th, 2007, 08:27 PM
What's nonsensical about it? Guitars are waAAAaay too sensical as it is, too many tele, strat, & leslie clones in the world.

Well, if not nonsensical, maybe just plain butt0ugly and ridiculous... bad design. Taking a good design and upending it or turning it inside out doesn't mean you'll end up with anything worthwhile - it's just lazy.

pes_laul
September 19th, 2007, 07:26 PM
no i havent what kind of music do they play

TS808
September 19th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Does that guitar come with a compound bow? Deer season is coming up soon :D

Spudman
September 19th, 2007, 10:12 PM
no i havent what kind of music do they play

Progressive. They have been around forever. Fish was their original singer. Steve Hogarth is currently the singer.
http://www.myspace.com/marillion