PDA

View Full Version : Boss blues driver

tjcurtin1
September 11th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Does anyone have a clip wher I could hear the BOss Blues Driver alone, so I can get a sense of what it does?

Thanks!

duhvoodooman
September 11th, 2007, 07:10 PM
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-BD2-Blues-Driver-Pedal?sku=151392

Robert
September 11th, 2007, 09:41 PM
On my site - http://www.dolphinstreet.com/video_clips/video-11.php
Bad Monkey and Blues Driver separate. I will soon make a new video with this pedal - I do like it a lot.

Spudman
September 11th, 2007, 09:49 PM
It's even better with a modification. Click here to listen to some modded BD's.
http://www.indyguitarist.com/bd2.htm

Robert
September 12th, 2007, 07:10 AM
Mine is modded, by the way. I have re-discovered it again - it's fantastic for blues!

sunvalleylaw
September 12th, 2007, 07:35 AM
Is it worth owning in addition to a Bad Monkey Robert?

Robert
September 12th, 2007, 07:48 AM
I think so, Steve. It sounds different. It all depends on what tones you want.

t_ross33
September 12th, 2007, 07:57 AM
I really like my Behringer Blues Overdrive, which is supposedly modelled, or a direct rip-off depending who you ask, of the BD-01. I prefer OD to distortion in most cases. It should be in your arsenal for sure :AOK:

Trev

tunghaichuan
September 12th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Another useful function for the Blues Driver is as a clean boost. That is mainly the way I use my stock BD.

Set the gain control all the way down and turn the level control all the way up. Set the tone to taste. When used this way it slams the front end of the amp and pushes it into overdrive.

I've found that if I set the amp up for a nice crunch tone, I can kick in the BD for a nice over the top lead sound.

tung

Tone2TheBone
September 12th, 2007, 09:18 AM
Spud did you ever mod the one I gave you?

Spudman
September 12th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Spud did you ever mod the one I gave you?

No. I need a new tip for my iron and a couple of electronic parts. Just waiting to put an order together. Besides, the Tonebone keeps me VERY entertained.

duhvoodooman
September 12th, 2007, 09:41 AM
I really like my Behringer Blues Overdrive, which is supposedly modelled, or a direct rip-off depending who you ask, of the BD-01. I prefer OD to distortion in most cases. It should be in your arsenal for sure...
I have a Behringer Tube Overdrive TO100 coming that I bought on eBay for $16. The sound samples on the Behringer site had a pretty good tone, so I figured for that ridiculously low price, I'd check it out for myself. Trev has the BD100 and Marnold has the Vintage Tube Overdrive TO800, so between us we'll have something of a cross-section of the Behringer overdrive pedal models. I say "something" of one, because they have eight different overdrive pedals in their current product line! They've been adding new stomp boxes to their lineup left and right, and now list over 75 pedals on their website! Prices vary, but the majority (~60 of them) list for $45, which means a typical US street price in the $20 - $25 range. I'm sure there are some stinkers in there, but I'm equally sure there are many excellent values, as well. That UF100 flanger I bought a couple of weeks ago is a good example, and Trev & Marnold seem to like their Behringer pedals very much....

chordshredder
September 16th, 2007, 12:26 PM
There is a bunch of clips on monteallums.com

I did some of the H2O mods, it got rid of quite a bit of noise. I deviated as I like the mid range hump for blues, so I replaced those parts with same value but with better quality caps, the parts that added more bass or made it quieter I used. I also like his SD-1 and DS-1 mods.

tjcurtin1
September 20th, 2007, 07:10 PM
From what I can hear, I think that I'm interested in the clean boost sound, or slight overdrive, rather than distortion - will the Behringer pedal(s) work for that use? Any thoughts about which would be best?

Adrian30
September 22nd, 2007, 04:26 PM
From what I can hear, I think that I'm interested in the clean boost sound, or slight overdrive, rather than distortion - will the Behringer pedal(s) work for that use? Any thoughts about which would be best?

TJ,
I don't know about Behringer pedal(s), but you can get a very useful - slightly distorted sound with a BD. It took me a while to tweak the knobs in order to find its "sweet spots", but now I just love it. For the most part it's the only pedal I use.

Spudman
September 22nd, 2007, 06:43 PM
The Blues Drive will get pretty dirty too so it makes it a versatile pedal.

t_ross33
September 22nd, 2007, 06:55 PM

The Behringer BO100 will definately work for that. I've used it to provide just a bit of hair on a pretty clean country sound (think twangy Tele on the bridge p'up into a slightly driven Fender Deluxe Reverb), but I've cranked 'er up to a nice overdrive as well. Behringer pedals are pretty good value for the dollar IMHO. I've gigged with mine, no problem. But they obviously aren't as robust as the Boss pedals, and changing batteries is a real PITA (I used a 1-Spot power supply). I picked mine up near-new about a year ago for only $25 and it's held up so far. YMMV. :AOK:

Trev