PDA

View Full Version : Looper placement

abraxas
September 11th, 2007, 11:23 PM
It's so obvious I wonder why I haven't tried it before.

Last night I placed my RC-2 looper on the effects loop of my Tech21 TM10. As you may know, the TM10 has a Sansamp GT-2 preamp section where 95% of the final sound color comes from.

In that way, I was able to dial radically different tones for the various "layers". If you place the RC-2 in front of the amp, the result is that anything you record gets colored by the amp's settings.

The sames holds true for any pedals you might use and it applies to any looper. If your amp has an effects loop, use it. It is quite trivial really but I thought I'd share this. :)

tot_Ou_tard
September 12th, 2007, 05:12 AM
It's so obvious I wonder why I haven't tried it before.

Last night I placed my RC-2 looper on the effects loop of my Tech21 TM10. As you may know, the TM10 has a Sansamp GT-2 preamp section where 95% of the final sound color comes from.

In that way, I was able to dial radically different tones for the various "layers". If you place the RC-2 in front of the amp, the result is that anything you record gets colored by the amp's settings.

The sames holds true for any pedals you might use and it applies to any looper. If your amp has an effects loop, use it. It is quite trivial really but I thought I'd share this. :)
When I first got my RC-2, I tried placing it after my Tonelab for headphone practice. I wanted to be able to radically alter the sound as well as keep the drum machine clean. I never liked the sound of it that way, no matter what I did, it always sounded a little thin and brittle.

Maybe, I'll go back & try again.

abraxas
September 12th, 2007, 09:28 AM
When I first got my RC-2, I tried placing it after my Tonelab for headphone practice. I wanted to be able to radically alter the sound as well as keep the drum machine clean. I never liked the sound of it that way, no matter what I did, it always sounded a little thin and brittle.

Maybe, I'll go back & try again.

I'm not sure I understand about the headphones. You put the headphones to the hf out of your amp?

Does the Tonelab itself have an fx loop?