PDA

View Full Version : No G.A.S. Syndrome

Jimi75
September 12th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Hey folks,

I suffer from a disease called the "No G.A.S. Syndrome".
I aquired my last equipment in January 2007 (Toneport UX1).

Although saving money for pedals, I took the safed money last saturday and bought two Australian parrots with all accessories for my kids - can you believe that????

Something was wrong and now I figured out that it is the No GAS disease.

Do you guys have a secret cure for this?

Jimi :)

Katastrophe
September 12th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Oh, my, this is serious. You, must, MUST, travel to the nearest music store and buy something, even if it's just a pick or a pack of strings.

That'll jumpstart the GAS, when you walk in and see all those purty guitars and shiny amphs sitting around, all lonely and needing a good home to go to. It is imperative that you try as many different products that you can, in order to find something you like. The purchase will get you in a spending mood.

Always works for me. If that doesn't get the GAS back, then nothing will.:AOK:

Spudman
September 12th, 2007, 08:08 AM
Oh my God! You have transcended GAS. All hail to the enlightened one.:DR

I must come study under you to gain all this wisdom and control.:)

Just out of curiosity...what gauge strings did your parrots come with.:rolleyes:

Robert
September 12th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Maybe you grew up, Jimi. I don't plan on growing up ever, though! :D

t_ross33
September 12th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Just out of curiosity...what gauge strings did your parrots come with

Bwahahahahahah!:p

duhvoodooman
September 12th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Maybe you grew up, Jimi. I don't plan on growing up ever, though!
Maturity and a sense of fiscal responsibility are like S-O-O-O overrated! :D

tot_Ou_tard
September 12th, 2007, 09:04 AM

I'd say the same about parrots. :D :D

Spudman
September 12th, 2007, 09:26 AM
I'd say the same about parrots. :D :D

It kind of makes sense though...I mean...if you get real hungry you can't eat a guitar.:pancake

Bloozcat
September 12th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Don't worry, Jimi, G.A.S. is like malaria. It never goes away completely, it just becomes dormant for a while. You'll have a relapse sooner or later, it's just a matter of time...;)

kerc
September 12th, 2007, 10:03 AM
All my GAS has been diverted to my new hobby...1:32 scale slot-car racing. Here are my car, and my son's car:

http://cyberjamarchive.com/uploads/Images/scx-dbr9.jpg
http://cyberjamarchive.com/uploads/Images/scx-350z.jpg

:D

Jampy
September 12th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Very cool cars, my father and I spent many a hour racing our RC cars down at the local church. I have to spread my GAS as I have to many hobbies and not enough job.

Mind you I bought 3 guitars in 2 weeks so I am all gassed out on the guitars, with winter coming to my area we tend to slow down on the spending and look forward to doing things at home.

Mind you between video games, guitars, movies, and music I have no time anyhow..

man, looking over my post you would think I was 3 not 33 :thwap:

Algonquin
September 12th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Maybe you grew up, Jimi. I don't plan on growing up ever, though! :D

What I lack in youth, I make up for in immaturity!

Jimi75
September 13th, 2007, 01:10 AM
Me and a grown up? Hell, no way my friends.
Forever young.

I will visit a music store soon - very soon!

:Dude:

Brian Krashpad
September 13th, 2007, 04:21 AM

What is this "maturity and a sense of fiscal responsibility" of which you speak?

:confused:

Spudman
September 13th, 2007, 07:28 AM
What is this "maturity and a sense of fiscal responsibility" of which you speak?

:confused:

Ignorance is bliss as they say. You'll probably have to get on top of your house soon to take your gear photos.:AOK:

sunvalleylaw
September 13th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Me and a grown up? Hell, no way my friends.
Forever young.

I will visit a music store soon - very soon!

:Dude:

Do that, but don't fall into the trap of believing you need to buy something. I respect your restraint.

pes_laul
September 17th, 2007, 02:11 PM
hmmm yes i see i have had this problem before. the answer is do your guitars poop everywhere

tjcurtin1
September 17th, 2007, 07:53 PM
I think that Jimi, with the purchase of TWO parrots at once, has clearly moved beyond G.A.S. to P.A.S. - Parrot Acquisition Syndrome. In other words, it would seem that he has P.A.S.sed G.A.S.:D

just strum
September 17th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Hey I just joined over the weekend and I thought it was a cool place - please don't tell me there are mature people here!!!

t_ross33
September 17th, 2007, 09:27 PM
I think that Jimi, with the purchase of TWO parrots at once, has clearly moved beyond G.A.S. to P.A.S. - Parrot Acquisition Syndrome. In other words, it would seem that he has P.A.S.sed G.A.S.:D

:thwap:

Spudman
September 17th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Hey I just joined over the weekend and I thought it was a cool place - please don't tell me there are mature people here!!!

Oh Heaven forbid!
Just go back and read some of our older posts.:whatever:

pes_laul
September 18th, 2007, 03:52 PM
wow

warren0728
September 18th, 2007, 04:01 PM
now that's funny...i don't care who you are! :rotflmao:

ww

tjcurtin1
September 18th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Speaking of immature, if not juvenile... Sorry, Jimi - no offense intended - when it struck me, I just couldn't resist...

sunvalleylaw
September 18th, 2007, 11:07 PM
Speaking of immature, if not juvenile... Sorry, Jimi - no offense intended - when it struck me, I just couldn't resist...

I personally applaud your creative lack of maturity. Well done! :rotflmao: :beer: :AOK:

Jimi75
September 19th, 2007, 06:06 AM

Oh man, you made my day! I am still laughing reading your words!

P.A.S.

Thank you for that!!!! Great!!!!!
:rotflmao:

jasongins
September 19th, 2007, 06:20 AM
Jimi,

If you want the GAS to return, I would suggest selling some stuff you are not using. The void this creates, along with the gear money it generates, should re-ignite your gas.

Spudman
September 19th, 2007, 07:27 AM
Jimi,

If you want the GAS to return, I would suggest selling some stuff you are not using. The void this creates, along with the gear money it generates, should re-ignite your gas.

Quite true. Nature (and guitarists) abhor a void.