PDA

View Full Version : Reverend Buckshot has arrived!

kerc
September 12th, 2007, 12:24 PM
As sweet as always...Naylor and his people know how to make good guitars. Haven't plugged it in yet, but it's very, very resonant and the neck is very nice, seems slightly beefier than my other two Revs. It's oh so playable! The finish is creamier and kinda yellowish, very vintagey (look almost white in these pics).

A couple of quick pics:

http://cyberjamarchive.com/uploads/Images/buckshot1.jpg
http://cyberjamarchive.com/uploads/Images/buckshot2.jpg

8)

tot_Ou_tard
September 12th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Hot damn Kerc!

#3! Wow.

Keep us updated.

sunvalleylaw
September 12th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Reverend Buckshot, sounds like a preacher out in the old west! (now that you are a Texan). Looks nice! Congrats!

Tone2TheBone
September 12th, 2007, 01:34 PM
That's interesting.

Robert
September 12th, 2007, 01:38 PM
"Hot damn" - second that! Congrats! You give me GAS, man.

duhvoodooman
September 12th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Oh man, Kerc! You are amassing a nice collection of Reverends there, friend! The pickups on this one look interesting. I'm particularly curious about how the neck p'up sounds! Clips!! Give us clips!!

kerc
September 12th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Oh man, Kerc! You are amassing a nice collection of Reverends there, friend! The pickups on this one look interesting. I'm particularly curious about how the neck p'up sounds! Clips!! Give us clips!!

I gotta wait 'til my amps and gear arrive from Puerto Rico...Should be around next week.

:reallymad:

Yeah, I'm really attracted to these guitars...They sound great, play great, are unique, and not that common. Heck, this Buckshot is Reverend #6111...That's literally the 6,111th guitar that has gone thru their workshop and out the door since Reverend got started!

Katastrophe
September 12th, 2007, 02:59 PM
I gotta wait 'til my amps and gear arrive from Puerto Rico...Should be around next week.

:reallymad:

Nah... This'll just give ya an excuse to get a small wattage tube amph to practice on 'till your other stuff gets here!

Nice guitfiddle, kerc, and definitely different.

duhvoodooman
September 12th, 2007, 03:43 PM
I figured the controls were just like a Tele until I noticed that third knob up where the pickup switch on an LP would be. So how does this sucker work?

Tone2TheBone
September 12th, 2007, 04:24 PM
The tinted neck on that baby is purdy. Reverends play good too. Nice chunky necks.

t_ross33
September 12th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Very cool Kerc :drool:

Kinda like Les Paul had a fling with a Tele and they had a btard chile :cool:

Can't wait for some clips!

Trev

kerc
September 12th, 2007, 06:18 PM
I figured the controls were just like a Tele until I noticed that third knob up where the pickup switch on an LP would be. So how does this sucker work?

That extra knob is what Reverend calls a "bass contour". Basically what it does, when it's full on, you get all the frequency response from the pickups, and as you roll it off, you take out lower bass frequencies. This system allows you to have a humbucker sound like a P90, or a P90 approach a Tele single coil. I wonder what it'll do with the Tele-style single coil...

:Dude:

Spudman
September 12th, 2007, 08:13 PM
I like that a lot. Kind of retro/tele/dearmond-ish.

Let me see...46, 47, 48.....:drool:

tot_Ou_tard
September 13th, 2007, 06:08 AM
Kerc any details that you can give would be greatly appreciated. Especially comparisons between the Buckshot & your Club King 290. I think about getting the CK290 &/or Manta Ray 290 daily.

kerc
September 13th, 2007, 09:09 AM
I haven't payed the Buckshot plugged...So no direct comparisons yet. I can tell you, though, that the Club King 290 stole my heart. Honestly, it's my favorite guitar of all time. The way it feels, the way it plays, the faint smell of mahogany coming out the soundhole, the sound of those P90s!

It's just perfect for me. I'm gonna keep it forever... :)

http://cyberjamarchive.com/uploads/Images/kerc_ck290.jpg

tot_Ou_tard
September 13th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Man! You're killing me kerc.

O! The GAS!