PDA

View Full Version : Fender 59 Bassman RI Ltd...............

Fingers
September 12th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Anyone any experience, thoughts, ideas on one of these...........I have an attack of GAS...........

I play blues, Chuck B...Stones, Keef...Tele, 5 strings, G.......335 blues......want nice cleans......and just a little break up..........Have a Bad Monkey to sit in front of one........

:R

Tone2TheBone
September 12th, 2007, 04:05 PM
I played a Tele through one at GC one morning when it was empty still. Really nice Fender tone. The bottom end was killer. I say do it.

Robert
September 12th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Fantastic amp, but bloody loud. You want to crank that sucker to get a ballsy tone, but then you're talking about a pretty LOUD volume level! :AOK:

Tone2TheBone
September 12th, 2007, 04:28 PM
But that's what an amp is for Robert! That's what R 'n R is all about! :R Fingers seriously don't be afraid of volume. It won't bite...too hard. It's a good amp and would work dang cool with pedals of any kind I would imagine.

Robert
September 12th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Yeah, sure, but if you live in an apartment with paper walls for example, then you have to be a bit careful, eh?

This is one reason for why we see these lower powered tube amps all over the place these days.

duhvoodooman
September 12th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Fantastic amp, but bloody loud. You want to crank that sucker to get a ballsy tone, but then you're talking about a pretty LOUD volume level! :AOK:
One word: ATTENUATOR!

Justaguyin_nc
September 16th, 2007, 12:30 PM
One word: ATTENUATOR!

Works.. but then.. how are ya gonna rattle the windows? Oh... turn it off...:)

Webers all have the line out to..so you can just play it to the computer etc..

Bassman's.. great cleans... great with pedals... :beer:

SuperSwede
September 16th, 2007, 12:37 PM
But that's what an amp is for Robert! That's what R 'n R is all about! :R Fingers seriously don't be afraid of volume. It won't bite...too hard. It's a good amp and would work dang cool with pedals of any kind I would imagine.

:AOK:

I wouldn´t try that with a Marshall Plexi though ... :Dude:

Tone2TheBone
September 16th, 2007, 07:41 PM
:AOK:

I wouldn´t try that with a Marshall Plexi though ... :Dude:

You haven't lived until you've done it brother. :)

SuperSwede
September 17th, 2007, 01:20 AM
You haven't lived until you've done it brother. :)

Actually I have done that :beer:
You can probably kill a kitten or a larger rodent with the volume at 3!