PDA

View Full Version : John Hughes Movies

Jimi75
September 13th, 2007, 06:04 AM
Don't know about you guys, but for me, who spend most of his youth and younger years in the 80's and late 70's John Hughe's movies are essential.

I remember sitting with friends and watching "The Breakfastclub" over and over again and also watching "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" and planning to skip school was just fantastic. Hughes always had a message in his movies andmastered to characterize the persons and present them in a way you could identify with.

Anyone here with similar feelings about John Hughes's movies?

Tone2TheBone
September 13th, 2007, 08:19 AM
..."Bueller........Bueller..."

Ferris Bueller's Day Off is one of our favorite family movies. He made so many great 80s/90s type movies like Uncle Buck, the Home Alone series, The Great Outdoors (with the incomparable John Candy...RIP), and one of my all time favorite 80s movies, Wierd Science. I agree with you Jimi his movies are classic.

sunvalleylaw
September 13th, 2007, 09:34 AM
I am right in there with you guys. I really liked those movies and got into some different bands due to the soundtracks. The Brat Pack movies were important to me also as I was close in age to some of the actors. Those movies, and the National Lampoon movies such as Blues Brothers, Animal House, Caddy Shack, Stripes, etc., though withh BB and AH, I found those movies well after they came out due to my parents' influence on what I watched when I was in their home.