PDA

View Full Version : A neat place to pick up some licks

Tone2TheBone
September 13th, 2007, 10:04 AM
This guy is on my favorites list in my youtube account and he actually has a pretty cool website full of lots of instructional videos for free. The way he explains licks and the manner in which they are recorded and played is fantastic. I want to pass on this link to you guys. Check it out and steal some cool licks. Most are Jimmy Page influenced which you will just love but he also does a few other licks from other players too. I'll just place the link that leads to his video vault...the main page is not as impressive and a casual looker just might pass it by.

http://vanderbilly.com/videoList.aspx?category=guitar

warren0728
September 13th, 2007, 10:37 AM
bookmarked....thanks...

ww

sunvalleylaw
September 13th, 2007, 12:21 PM
bookmarked....thanks...

ww

Ditto :beer:

Tim
September 13th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Oh Yea! I don't know if it is my computer or what. The video seems to be running a little slow (jerky) to me.

Tone2TheBone
September 13th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Oh Yea! I don't know if it is my computer or what. The video seems to be running a little slow (jerky) to me.

Probably just needs some time to load Tim. It's a "youtube" type media player and you'll see how much of the video it's actually loaded behind the playback arrow thingy. Give it some time to load. You can always click on the playback arrow and move it back some to watch parts that are already loaded. That's what I do to avoid annoying jerky playback while I'm waiting for the rest of the video to load.