PDA

View Full Version : Worwie by Warwick

r_a_smith3530
February 17th, 2006, 11:29 PM
Last week I picked up a new toy. A guitar? A pedal? An amp? No. Ever since I got my Les Paul, I've become better informed on guitar stands, and quite frankly, the most common single guitar stand out there is not a safe place to leave your guitar. You know the stands I'm talking about, they're the ones that have three folding legs, an expandable arm that the neck rests in, and a separate piece that cradles that base of the guitar's lower bout. More guitars have been damaged when one of these stands were knocked over than when in any other kind of stand.

I had found some decent folding "a-frame" stands in the past but they suffer from excessive bulk. Fender sells a cheap compact stand that comes in its own little travel bag, but it looks pretty cheesy. While killing time and looking at basses the other day, I came across this stand. It appears to be well made, and it is fairly compact too.

At about thirteen dollars, the Warwick Worwie guitar stand is a virtual steal! The folding a-frame mechanism is made of a composite material and the balance made of steel and rubber. The stand I bought at my local shop was marketed as a bass stand, but my electric six strings sit in it just as well. I found a link to one of these at the SamedayMusic web site. If your local shop doesn't carry these, then ask them to do so!

They are that good!

http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--RSTWORWEI2

It turns out that there is a version for acoustic guitars as well.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--RSTWORWEI2

Spudman
February 18th, 2006, 12:13 PM
RA
Those little stands are great. I've been using fold up ones from Ibanez for over a decade now. They fit in a guitar case or gig bag, are less bulky and most importantly cheap. I have about 6 of them and always take 3 to a gig. They'll allow you to fit your guitar safely right up into the drum hardware or into other tight places on a bandstand. They can even double as a boomerang type weapon for those really tough clubs.

I've never had a guitar fall over either. Some stands have a removable rest and I have lost those in the past. Not a worry with these type. Nothing to loose. Nobody steals them either probably because they are so hard to see on a dim stage. Thanks for putting out the tip.