PDA

View Full Version : Justins_RoadRage

Justaguyin_nc
February 19th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Well, I guess this is what us old farts do when we get a hair in our ummm.. The story goes something like this.. My Girlfriends Son-in-law is a really nice guy.. just a good 'ole boy... well.. he was following his wife's car home last week and some dummies got along her and was harassing her.. he shouted at them from his truck.. words exchanged... he pulled out his trusty ole BB gun.. and waved it... they called the cops.. he found himself in jail and been getting ripped on pretty good... I added to it... he thought this was so funny they played it over the speakers at the bowling alley for him... Ya'll see I just got this here Telecaster and was thinking country the other nite.. and somehow this came to be... lyrics, singing, drum beat and all the guitar sounds I can be blamed for... if you like Arlo Guthrie tunes or Cash type boy named sue's you might get a kick out of this.. he did...as do others locally... in any case this is the only take Im doing.. to much time to correct things..lol

play the Lo-Fi version here... Justins_RoadRage http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=469107

For some reason the Hi-fi version plays at half speed for me.. soundclick seems fickled on the uploads.. hmmm

:R

SuperSwede
February 21st, 2006, 07:53 AM
Wow that was super cool Justa!!
The hifi version worked here.
I really like that voice of yours! :)
So what happened to your son-in-law ?

Tim
February 21st, 2006, 09:23 AM
Sorry to here about your son-in-law. Ouch! Road rage with a BB gun. Did the other guys get of free? Sounds like your son-in-law has my kind of luck … NONE!

Keep us posted on the latest news.

warren0728
February 21st, 2006, 10:11 AM
sad story....great tune!

I liked "Skating on the Deck" too!

ww

Justaguyin_nc
February 21st, 2006, 10:39 AM
Thanks guys... as for him.. a learning experience I think... he had a bond and I think they say its a community service kinda thing at the most.. Biggest thing.. Cops got so upset about what he did the guys that started it never had anything happen to them.. in the end.. everyone was safe and thats the best thing... I asked him if it ever dawned on him the other car could of had a real gun...

Tim
February 21st, 2006, 11:19 AM
Glad to hear it turned out OK. But, anybody starts messin’ with my wife, I’d probably do it again. You just got to protect the family ... no matter what the cost!

SuperSwede
February 21st, 2006, 12:00 PM
Warren, hows it going with your recordings?
You can find the deck-skating background here if you want something to get you started :)
http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=310

warren0728
February 21st, 2006, 03:48 PM
Warren, hows it going with your recordings?
i really haven't started yet...hope to soon...i have to be honest...improvising lead for a background track seems really hard to me. I think when i start taking lessons one of my focus areas will be improvisation.

I was able to record my guitar using garage band..pluggrd straight into my powerbook but i think a preamp is really needed for louder clean sound.

ww

SuperSwede
February 22nd, 2006, 03:40 AM
Have you tried turning up the volume in system-settings>audio>audio-in?
Also did you use any of the amp plugins?

warren0728
February 22nd, 2006, 06:30 AM
i did adjust the volume and played with some of the amps (very cool). I think i am going to like it when i get a chance to really play with it.

I am slammed with work right now....but hope to have a really long session with it soon.

ww

SuperSwede
February 22nd, 2006, 06:45 AM
Dont hesitate to ask me if you got any GB questions. Good Luck