PDA

View Full Version : Tech 21 Sansamp GT2

SuperSwede
September 15th, 2007, 09:49 AM
I´ve been a fan of the Sansamp product line for many years, even though I never actually owned a Sansamp before. I have borrowed a Sansamp Classic a few times in the past for recording purposes and I really love the fat analogue sound that the F.E.T transistor produces. I want to build a 100% analogue sound chain to compliment my existing PodXT.
So I ordered a Sansamp GT-2 today! :AOK:

DAMN its hard to wait for stuff!

http://www.americanmusical.com/images/b/p2734b.jpg

ter0CUFtH48

Spudman
September 15th, 2007, 11:12 AM
I wonder why they play Joe Satriani's Houseful Of Bullets for the demo. I'll bet he didn't use a Sansamp to track that song.

SS. Got GAS?:drool:

SuperSwede
September 15th, 2007, 11:55 PM
I wonder why they play Joe Satriani's Houseful Of Bullets for the demo. I'll bet he didn't use a Sansamp to track that song.

SS. Got GAS?:drool:

I´ve got the Fedex Truck Syndrome. :deadhorse:

I think that Joe Satriani is featured on the Sansamp user list, but I dont know if he uses one on that track. Clawfinger uses Sansamp all the time, and if you listen to "nigger" (yes, a Anti-rascist song) you can hear the Sansamp in full glory.

G.A.S ... well just a little :D

Robert
September 16th, 2007, 08:23 AM
Tech 21 make good amps too, they are modeling amps, aren't they? I've heard lots of good comments about them.

tunghaichuan
September 16th, 2007, 08:43 AM
I had one of those a while back, and I thought it sounded very good. The Boogie and Marshall sounds are very convincing when put on tape. I didn't think the Tweed setting sounded much like a 50s tweed amp, but I thought it did sound pretty good in its own right.

Tung

I´ve been a fan of the Sansamp product line for many years, even though I never actually owned a Sansamp before. I have borrowed a Sansamp Classic a few times in the past for recording purposes and I really love the fat analogue sound that the F.E.T transistor produces. I want to build a 100% analogue sound chain to compliment my existing PodXT.
So I ordered a Sansamp GT-2 today! :AOK:

DAMN its hard to wait for stuff!

SuperSwede
September 16th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Robert, the trademark series of amps sounds very good, and they are based on Sansamp technology.

SuperSwede
September 18th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Whohoo.. The GT-2 arrived today. I havent really had the chance to play with it much, but so far I love the tweed setting. It seems to work really good with the PodXT too, even though I prefer to use it with just a little reverb.

Eric
October 27th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Time from some thread revival...

SuperSwede, do you still have your GT2? I use it quite a bit to go direct, and I'm looking for favorite settings that people use. The Tech 21 site/manual doesn't have a ton of presets, which is a little surprising.

To anybody reading, which models do you use? Do you use the dirt or just select a good clean tone and use pedals? What do you know about the quirks of the pedal, and which amps sound the best?

All input appreciated here. I have some things I lean on (mainly driven Fender models, sometimes clean Mesa, but I find it hard to get a good Marshall tone), but am looking for more info on how everyone uses it.

SuperSwede
October 28th, 2010, 08:47 AM
I actually traded in my GT2 (I usually never keep my gear for very long) but I really miss it so I might have to get me another GT2. I love the british hi-gain setting!

Eric
October 28th, 2010, 09:14 AM
I actually traded in my GT2 (I usually never keep my gear for very long) but I really miss it so I might have to get me another GT2. I love the british hi-gain setting!
Ah, OK. Thanks anyway!

I actually found out that I was wrong -- there are a good number of presets in the manual. I suppose I was still looking for personal faves though.

SuperSwede
October 30th, 2010, 01:51 AM
You can get KILLER direct record sounds if you add a cab simulator (the built in is not enough, its still a bit fizzy). I used Guitar Rig just for that, usually the 4x12 Marshall /w greenbacks.