PDA

View Full Version : Ruining a relic

tot_Ou_tard
September 16th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Say you get a named relic that O so painstakenly mirrors all the grooves, smudges, & cigarette burns of your most worshipped guitar hero.

You lovingly pull it out of it's (equally reliced) case to see if the mojo of your O so worshipped guitar hero might flow through the faux smears & scrapes.

You start to jam & then...whoops kerangggg! you give it a good

DING

So now what's it worth with a real ding?!?

Tone2TheBone
September 16th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Don't worry. It's the little imperfections that keep the bad spirits away you'll be ok. Next question!

;)

tot_Ou_tard
September 16th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Don't worry. It's the little imperfections that keep the bad spirits away you'll be ok. Next question!

;)
I'd point to the hopis who always weave an imperfection into their rugs so the spirit can get in and out.

BTW, I don't have a relic, other than the scrapes & dings I put on on my $150 Godin Radiator EBay special.

I'll sell it to you for $500, if you want to worship me. :D :D

Tone2TheBone
September 16th, 2007, 07:52 PM
I'd point to the hopis who always weave an imperfection into their rugs so the spirit can get in and out.

BTW, I don't have a relic, other than the scapes & dings I put on on my $150 Godin Radiator EBay special.

Hopis are my cousins to the west and I subscribe to their ideology. Thanks for your offer but I should chill on new guitars for awhile. Your own scraped and dinged axe notwithstanding. :messedup: :)

tot_Ou_tard
September 16th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Hopis are my cousins to the west and I subscribe to their ideology. Thanks for your offer but I should chill on new guitars for awhile. Your own scraped and dinged axe notwithstanding. :messedup: :)
Good call Tone! :D

Bloozcat
September 17th, 2007, 07:04 AM

What tribe are you tone? Navajo? Zuni?, Mescalero Apache?

SuperSwede
September 17th, 2007, 07:58 AM
I saw a ad recently for a Fender relic strat in MINT condition :D

Spudman
September 17th, 2007, 08:25 AM

Now that is funny.:rotflmao:

tot_Ou_tard
September 17th, 2007, 07:09 PM
That is pure poetry.

Plank_Spanker
September 18th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Don't get me started on relics...........................:messedup:

pes_laul
September 20th, 2007, 07:05 PM
:puke: whats the point of that:deadhorse:

just strum
September 21st, 2007, 09:14 PM

BTW, I don't have a relic, other than the scrapes & dings I put on on my $150 Godin Radiator EBay special.

Worship you? Hell, I don't even know you. Besides, I don't have $500 for your over priced guitar. I'm trying to save $20K for another over priced guitar.:Dude:

tot_Ou_tard
September 22nd, 2007, 06:16 AM
Worship you? Hell, I don't even know you. Besides, I don't have $500 for your over priced guitar. I'm trying to save $20K for another over priced guitar.:Dude:
Well then can I worship you? :D