PDA

View Full Version : Eminence Wizard

Robert
September 17th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Do you have any experience with the Eminence Wizard speaker?

The guy who is hand-building my new 18 watter also sells and recommends these. I want to try new speakers in my Avatar 2x12, which currently has Celestion Seventy-80 speakers.

I think a speaker change will do me good. Know that Sheryl Crow song? "A change, would do you good... a change..." etc... :D

marnold
September 17th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Is that anything like this?
jj4ODPcFXmw
(Sorry, couldn't resist)

sunvalleylaw
September 17th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Ha, Ha! The same song popped into my mind when I read the subject line.

Algonquin
September 17th, 2007, 12:53 PM
I think a speaker change will do me good. Know that Sheryl Crow song? "A change, would do you good... a change..." etc... :D[/QUOTE]

Sorry Robert, no info on the speakers, but doesn't Sheryl also sing...

It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got

Here is their tone chart from the website, as well as a sound clips page.

http://www.eminence.com/pdf/tone_guide.pdf

http://www.eminence.com/soundclips.asp

TS808
September 17th, 2007, 01:20 PM

The guy who is hand-building my new 18 watter also sells and recommends these. I want to try new speakers in my Avatar 2x12, which currently has Celestion Seventy-80 speakers.

I think a speaker change will do me good. Know that Sheryl Crow song? "A change, would do you good... a change..." etc... :D

Robert
I've seen and heard nothing but positive things about ALL of the Eminence Speakers, especially the Governer, Red White and Blues, Swamp Things, Texas Heats, Red Fangs and Tonkers. These all seem to be the ones that are mentioned the most. I don't think you can go wrong with the quality and price of Eminence.

I don't have any experience with the Wizard speaker itself, but I was seeing both on the Valvetronix AND Line 6 forums that alot of folks are getting Eminence speakers as replacements for those amps. More and more boutique builders seem to be using Eminence in their amps and cabs.

Robert
September 17th, 2007, 01:36 PM
I already have a RWB in my Hellhound. Great speaker!

I hear a lot of good comments about the Wizard, too. I just wanted to hear more! ;)

abraxas
September 17th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Hej Robert

If I'm not mistaken the Wizard is Eminence analog to the Celestion Vintage 30.

I have the (alnico) Red Fang in a cabinet and I was seriously considering making a 2X12 with the Red Fang plus one Wizard. This is a configuration favored by many people.

If the Wizard is as good as the Red Fang in it's own tonal estate of course (and from what I hear and read, it is), then it is a bargain esp. at the price it usually sells on the street. :AOK:

edit: I made a mistake above, the Wizard is analogous to the Celection G12, not the V30. It is the Governor that ha similar specs with the V30. Sorry for that... :thwap: