PDA

View Full Version : Gary Moore gig report

Jimi75
September 18th, 2007, 08:21 AM
Hola folks,

I have survived the paranormal trip and am back in good shape.
I went to a festival and saw "the great crusades" a cool band from Chicago, The Leningrad Cowboys and they were great beyond believe! Tito & Tarantula, those guys from the Tarantino movie From Dusk til Dawn - pretty lame, don't know why they put this band in the line up.

Headliner was Gary Moore!
Hell, this man has it all. He controlled the guitar only with the volume poti, no pedals no channel switching. He was damn loud and played his Les Paul and a Tele throughout the entire gig. Besides his blues classics, he played two Thin Lizzy numbers. We were lucky to see the old Thin Lizzy drummer in Gary's line up. At some points it was hard to imagine how he get these tones and sounds out of the guitar, his playing was free of any false notes and so deeply drenched with emotions that you couldn't believe it.
Gary played for 2 hours approx. and did not much of talking. His singing was okay, not exeptionel and sometimes he was a little late with starting to sing. Of course he played classics like Parisienne Walkways and Still got the blues and the crowd just celebrated him.

I would go to his concerts again, no question!

Robert
September 18th, 2007, 08:36 AM
He's a legend. A great guitar player. It's certainly possible to do a great show without a million pedals. He's always been a Marshall dude, hasn't he?

Jimi75
September 18th, 2007, 08:49 AM
He's a legend. A great guitar player. It's certainly possible to do a great show without a million pedals. He's always been a Marshall dude, hasn't he?

Yeah Robert, he's a real Marshal dude and he makes them sound like sugar and cream!

tunghaichuan
September 18th, 2007, 09:46 AM

I remember reading in a guitar magazine a few years ago that Gary Moore was using Soldanos. I wonder if he abandoned them and went back to Marshalls?

tung

tunghaichuan
September 18th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Cool, glad you got to see the show. I missed a chance to see him back in the 80s around the time that Victims of the Future came out. I didn't really know who he was. A couple of my friends were into him at the time and they went to the show. I kick myself now that I didn't go with them.

I'm not a big fan of GM's blues playing. I much prefer his hard rock/metal albums: Victims, Corridors of Power, After the War, Wild Frontier, Run for Cover.

tung

Hola folks,

I have survived the paranormal trip and am back in good shape.
I went to a festival and saw "the great crusades" a cool band from Chicago, The Leningrad Cowboys and they were great beyond believe! Tito & Tarantula, those guys from the Tarantino movie From Dusk til Dawn - pretty lame, don't know why they put this band in the line up.

Headliner was Gary Moore!
Hell, this man has it all. He controlled the guitar only with the volume poti, no pedals no channel switching. He was damn loud and played his Les Paul and a Tele throughout the entire gig. Besides his blues classics, he played two Thin Lizzy numbers. We were lucky to see the old Thin Lizzy drummer in Gary's line up. At some points it was hard to imagine how he get these tones and sounds out of the guitar, his playing was free of any false notes and so deeply drenched with emotions that you couldn't believe it.
Gary played for 2 hours approx. and did not much of talking. His singing was okay, not exeptionel and sometimes he was a little late with starting to sing. Of course he played classics like Parisienne Walkways and Still got the blues and the crowd just celebrated him.

I would go to his concerts again, no question!