PDA

View Full Version : Pedal for AD30VT

just strum
September 18th, 2007, 05:32 PM
I read some place that you should only use the Vox VFS-2 Dual Footswitch with the AD30VT. Is that true that you have to limit yourself to the one switch? From what little I've read, I heard that you run a high risk of damaging or destroying the amp.

I have a AD30VT, but never purchased a pedal and the attraction to the VFS-2 is it is inexpensive, but what other options are out there that are compatible with the AD30VT?

t_ross33
September 19th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Are you talking about adding effects pedals (aka stompboxes)? I've used pedals such as overdrive, EQ and chorus with the Vox AD30VT with no problems. I've even used a Digitech RP-80 Multi-effects/Amp Modeller. The only issue I have is that some of the modelled amp tones didn't sound that great with pedals, especially with the RP-80 (which I attributed to over-digitizing of the signal with a modelling effect going into a modelling amp).

The VFS-2 is a handy footswitch as it allows hands free switching between CH1 and CH2 (preset channels on the AD30VT) as well as effects ON/OFF or switching to manual mode (in effect giving you 3 channels to use).

The VFS-2 does not go into the signal between you amp and the guitar, it plugs into it's own jack in the back of the amp. Any generic latching footswitch with a 1/4" TRS connector should work.

DISCLAIMER: I don't know much if anything about the technical workings inside electronics, so take take this with a grain of salt :). Consult the manufactuer if you have any concerns.

marnold
September 19th, 2007, 09:40 AM
I read some place that you should only use the Vox VFS-2 Dual Footswitch with the AD30VT. Is that true that you have to limit yourself to the one switch? From what little I've read, I heard that you run a high risk of damaging or destroying the amp.
I would be hard pressed to imagine that you could damage/destroy the amp with a switch other than the VFS-2. I have that one and it works great, built like a tank. All it is, though, is basically two switches, a housing, and a stereo 1/4" plug. I saw a Marshall one that probably would work just fine, but I didn't try it.

duhvoodooman
September 19th, 2007, 10:53 AM
http://www.patchtronix.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=558

marnold
September 19th, 2007, 11:16 AM
I didn't know that you could reconfigure the second button to control manual mode instead. Much more useful. Guess I should read my manual occasionally, huh?

Tim
September 19th, 2007, 03:01 PM
I use an old Peavey amp pedal with my AD30VT. As long as it is a balanced (stereo) plug, it will work. You just have to remember which button works which effect.

tot_Ou_tard
September 20th, 2007, 05:53 AM
I didn't know that you could reconfigure the second button to control manual mode instead. Much more useful. Guess I should read my manual occasionally, huh?
Sometimes there is info in the manual ;)

just strum
September 20th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Well, I will go with the VFS-2 and build from there if I feel the need.

If I recall I think that was the statement I made with guitars except insert Squier in place of VFS-2. If history holds true, I should have a number of pedals by next spring.