PDA

View Full Version : Gearhead Rising

vroomery
September 18th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Hey fellow fretters,

I just thought I'd introduce myself over here. Quick Background thingy. I'm from wilmington, nc and I've been playing guitar for right about 7 or so years. Most of my musical influence has come from the church because my dad is the music leader (worship pastor) at my church. I am actually at Liberty University right now in what is called the worship major learning all the theory and background while developing my musical abilities. Basically I'm not one to settle for the typically uneducated church music we are used to, and what I was primarily brought up on, so I'm seeking to change that.

Musically I am just now getting to the point where I feel I can truly benefit from a good setup. At this point I have a Taylor 714ce which i love to death and have recently gotten a Fender Highway One Tele and a Fender Deluxe amp. Now I'm kind of looking down the road at effects and really getting a good pedal board set up that I hopefully won't have to fiddle with too too much (pretty much the reason I joined this forum).

All in all I hope I can learn a lot from the massive amount of experience in all of you.

-vroom

Spudman
September 18th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Welcome o' studious one.

If you want to hear some great church music then check out Neal Morse's last 4 albums. Testimony, One, Question and Sola Scriptura. Great stuff.

Robert
September 18th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Welcome vroom! Your nickname sounds like a Bugatti - you must be a shredder! :rotflmao:

Algonquin
September 18th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Welcome, from another Fret Net Newbie!

:beer:

vroomery
September 18th, 2007, 09:05 PM
spudman - i'll have to check them out...i'm always open to new bands

robert - yeah i don't really know where this name came from...or what it means for that matter haha...but its all good

sunvalleylaw
September 18th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Welcome Vroomery! sounds sport car like to me. I look forward to your input, and I am sure you will enjoy taking part here.

tot_Ou_tard
September 19th, 2007, 05:31 AM
Vroomery sounds like what someone would say if they thought themselves above all the noise & testosterone of race-car driving...

Ah, that's just a bunch of vroomery.

Welcome & watch out for the pancakery.

kiteman
September 19th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Howdy vroomery, welcome.

You play gospel rock? :)

I like to rock out on other music like gospel, country, classical, and jazz. Even jingles. I'm a bedroom jammer with some toys. :D

Enjoy your stay here.

pes_laul
September 19th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Welcome dude! this is a great forum and warren you know what do do:D

Guitar Gal
September 19th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Welcome Vroomery :D I'm new here too....seems like a great group of people so far.

GG

M29
September 19th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Welcome vroomery,

You picked a great place to hangout. I am anxious to hear your thoughts on that pedal board. I am getting ready to set one up.

Again Welcome to TheFret.Net!

M29

Brian Krashpad
September 21st, 2007, 10:35 AM
Welcome!

oldguy
September 22nd, 2007, 06:24 AM
Welcome to TheFret.Net, glad you could join us.
Pedals are fun. Heck, there might even be a few pedal builders lurking here on the Fret........:rotflmao:

duhvoodooman
September 28th, 2007, 05:13 AM
Just catching up on some overdue welcomes. Glad to have you here & good luck with that pedalboard! :R