PDA

View Full Version : VOX Valvetronix and stomp boxes

Ger the man
September 19th, 2007, 09:49 AM
Hi folks,
Just wondering If anyone has had any experience of using effects pedals with this amp? I have a (cheap) wah pedal that seems to make a nice warm tone sound kinda 'dead' even when its used as a volume pedal. I read somewhere that these amps dont like pedals in front of them (maybe here). Also If I strum a chord with the wah pedal in use, as the sound dies there is some light distortion. I also have a Boss DD-6 that only does what its meant to do. Maybe its a problem with cheap pedals??

Cheers

Gerard

Tone2TheBone
September 19th, 2007, 10:06 AM
The forum leader Robert has tons of videos on his Dolphinstreet site showcasing pedal use on his AD50VT. When I had a Vox it took to pedals real well too. Go for it. Pedal use depends on the sounds you are looking for. If you're not sure then listen to players using pedals that sound good to you. Ask them what settings they are using etc. That's a good starting point.

duhvoodooman
September 19th, 2007, 10:36 AM
I use LOTS of pedals with my AD30VT, with excellent results. I run my pedal chain through an A-B switch into two amps--the AD30VT and a Peavey Delta Blues tube amp--and commonly switch back & forth between the two. I've yet to encounter a situation where the selected effects sounded good through one amp and poor through the other.

marnold
September 19th, 2007, 11:18 AM
I've found that my overdrive works great. In general, my EX-7 works well too, although I usually just use it with the Boutique Clean model and let the EX-7 handle any distortion.

Tim
September 19th, 2007, 03:06 PM
I have no problem with pedals with my AD30VT either. Just make sure you do not put another digital modeler in front of this amp. Two digitals do not mix well.

TS808
September 19th, 2007, 07:09 PM
I have an AD50VT 212 and found that a TS-9 Tubescreamer and a BOSS OD-3 sound GREAT through the amp. I generally don't use pedals alot, but when I do, they sound really cool through the amp.