PDA

View Full Version : Live Aid 1985 on PBS

sunvalleylaw
September 21st, 2007, 09:02 PM
Usually PBS has some music on Friday nights around here. (How boring am I, in most Fridays LOL!) Tonight it is Live Aid 1985 - The benefit for famine in Africa

Has playing in it:
U2, Jagger, Sting, Collins, Clapton and some others. I think I will watch just for the time capsule aspect of it. Happy Friday!

sunvalleylaw
September 21st, 2007, 10:14 PM
Just watched The Edge playing on his black strat with black PG and maple neck. Pretty cool just for that. He was not yet wearing a hat and you can see the bald spot emerging. Wow, interesting, now Sting is teaming up with Phil Collins and playing Every Breath . . . on what looks like the same strat. I think it might be a Marsalis joining on soprano sax.

just strum
September 22nd, 2007, 11:43 AM
I missed it. I'll have to go to their website and see if it is running again this weekend. I ended up swinging over the VH1 Classics and they had a show about Cream with interviews and Eric playing to demonstrate the riffs in songs - kool stuff and one of the greatest bands.

tunghaichuan
September 22nd, 2007, 11:50 AM
I probably wouldn't have watched that back in 1985. Back then I was a total headbanger: Judas Priest, Scorpions, Black Sabbath, etc.

It would be interesting to watch now as my musical horizons have expanded considerably in the last 20 years.

tung

Just watched The Edge playing on his black strat with black PG and maple neck. Pretty cool just for that. He was not yet wearing a hat and you can see the bald spot emerging. Wow, interesting, now Sting is teaming up with Phil Collins and playing Every Breath . . . on what looks like the same strat. I think it might be a Marsalis joining on soprano sax.

sunvalleylaw
September 22nd, 2007, 03:25 PM
It was kind of interesting to see how they lined out the groups. U2 was up in the afternoon with the newer and unproven groups of the day. Later at night, the seniors came out, like the Who, (they rocked) Tina Turner with Mick Jagger (painful in my opinion), and finally, Sir Paul, who was about the same age as Bono is now. Interesting.