PDA

View Full Version : New Jack & Danny LS-1 VSB

Guitar-Chris
September 22nd, 2007, 04:01 AM
Hello!

As I mentioned earlier in this board, my neighbour bought a abonnement of the german magazin "Guitar" and i was the canvasser (?) of this abo. So i got a guitar as a gift :drool:

It came a few days ago and what could I say? It is great. It has a classical Les Paul shape in vintage sunburst, was fretted very well and has a nice typical LP sound even though it has a bolt on neck instead of a glued one.

The only (little) minus: The pickups are a very microphonic, so, if you play very loud and very high gain settings, they squeel. But playing clean or just a little bit overdriven it sounds very well.

Here you can see some pictures: J&D LS-1 VSB (http://picasaweb.google.de/vdlinde.christian/Gitarre?authkey=v-HQvGvqDqQ)

The guitar was delivered by www.musicstore.de. They sell this one for 139 Euro. A great gift, I think.

Katastrophe
September 22nd, 2007, 07:29 AM
Congratulations, Chris! It looks like with a pickup swap, you'll have a fine LP copy. Good looking guitar.

SuperSwede
September 22nd, 2007, 08:06 AM
I have one of their strats here somewhere.. Nice looking instruments but the pickups and electronics is definately a weak point, at least it the strat.

Guitar-Chris
September 22nd, 2007, 08:08 AM
Congratulations, Chris! It looks like with a pickup swap, you'll have a fine LP copy. Good looking guitar.

Yes, i thought about a pickup swap, but: They sound very good, except the high gain squeel! So this will simply not be my guitar for high gain. :) Two good humbuckers will be about 160 Euro. That put into a 140 € guitar... hm.....

Spudman
September 22nd, 2007, 08:55 AM
Free guitars! Can't beat that. Free guitars for everyone.
Good to see you Chris.