PDA

View Full Version : Music Room

just strum
September 24th, 2007, 06:15 PM
I've wanted to set up a music room (actually my get away room) for about a year and still have been unable to do it. Initially I had to evict my son from the room and mission was accomplished. I now have my daughter (16 yrs old and tough to mess with) occupying the room as an extension of her bedroom. She keeps her desk top computer in there that is sitting on a large office desk. In addition, my wife uses it as a storage area and an extension of her side (or 3/4) of the closet.

Because I haven't won the battle, I usually move around the house like a nomad. Right now I set up camp in the sitting room (down sized living room). It's ok, but no door and I have to set up and tear down every time I play.

So I was curious on how you deal with location. Also, and this is of real interest to me, how many of you have a room all set up that is dedicated to music or at least almost exclusively a music room. Do you have recording equipment, wall hangers for guitars...
and for you that don't have a music room, but hope to one day, what are your ideas for set-up?

Pictures of your set up would be great for those of you that have music rooms.

Spudman
September 24th, 2007, 09:39 PM
One room and it is mine. My rules - my stuff. If the door is closed stay out.
It is all set up to record, playback, sleep on the couch, grab a guitar whatever is needed for expression except a fridge. They make too much noise, and I'd never get anything done having temptation so close.:)

I'd take a picture but it's a wreck right now.:messedup:

sunvalleylaw
September 24th, 2007, 09:47 PM
I would love one of those someday. With real estate what it is, I don't want to spend what it would take right now to add on to do it though. All other rooms are taken. If I can do one sometime, I envision a computer, recording stuff, amps, a keyboard, and guitars in cases or hangars. (if the room was humidified I'd hang 'em up, til then I like them in cases with humidifiers). Right now, I am more like a sub-tenant in my wife's office (she has a home based chiropractic practice). It is where the home computer resides. I keep my amp down there and have room in her closet to stash my guitar. I have to set up and tear down every day though. At least I can leave my main pedals daisy chained in the lap top case I use for them, and leave them plugged in with the 9spot sitting in the case on top of my amp. Her adjusting table makes a nice place to sit and work things out and practice.

When my mother in law, who lives next door, goes on trips, I can sometimes set up over there and leave it set up, and even crank it up some. :beavisnbutthead: :R

t_ross33
September 24th, 2007, 10:16 PM
I FINALLY have my music room. Up until a few months ago 5 of us (3 daughters, my wife and me) were living in a double wide mobile home. No garage, no basement, no room for Dad and way, way too much estrogen.

As of July 1, we have a new house and I have commandeered the basement "family room". In fact I had the boys over for band practice this evening. Drum kit, PA/Monitoring system, guitars, laptop... I'll have to take some pixs for y'all.

My little piece of heaven. And it's mine!

MINE I TELL YOU! MINE! BWHAHAHAHA!

Oops, gotta dial back on the enthusiasm :D Having room to move rawks :Dude:

sunvalleylaw
September 24th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Sounds sweeeeeeeet! Congrats Trev!

Justaguyin_nc
September 25th, 2007, 12:36 AM
My little piece of heaven. And it's mine!

MINE I TELL YOU! MINE! BWHAHAHAHA!

Oops, gotta dial back on the enthusiasm :D Having room to move rawks :Dude:

Congrats!!! And I totally understand.. I am fortunate to have a room of my own also.. its not as big as a basement.. but it works for me.. TV room, Computer room and Guitar room.. I can be as messy as I want and just shut the door.. I would hate to and feel for you guys that have to take down and put up... I think that is one reason I can start to really practice, seeing the guitars are always in reach, plugged and ready..for my artistic adventures..
:beer:

Pic of room... computer behind me..
couch to MY right... Big Screen to my left..
pedals and amps outgrowing room in front of me...
I guess the rooms about 13 x 16 ..someplace in there..

Fingers
September 25th, 2007, 08:17 AM
Mine........just got a Tweed Bassman 4x10 to fit in......

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/fingers23/DSC01884.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/fingers23/DSC01883.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/fingers23/DSC01879.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/fingers23/DSC01885.jpg

just strum
September 25th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Steve,

You and I have to put our foot down and demand space. You're task will be more challenging being so out numbered by the females.

To those that have a space - congrats.

Fingers, it's hard to tell the size of the room, but it doesn't appear to be too large. The room I have my eye on is probably 11x12 at best. Once the old clutter is out and the new clutter brought in, I think it should be adequate.

I want to do the same thing as you and hang the guitars on the wall. It would be so nice to grab one of the guitars, plug in and play.

sunvalleylaw
September 25th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Yeah, wouldn't take that much room for a dedicated room. Fingers room looks pretty cool, and I have seen Spud's. Also really a modest bedroom/office size. All in time. My wife is open to the idea, but we do not have a room that will work right now better than what I am doing. The upstairs bonus room that could work is too close to the bedrooms to even turn my amp on or play my acoustic, so the office is the best bet. We are talking about adding on to her office and making it a rec room/music room where I and the family can leave out the music stuff and grab and play. (Trev has all the girls, my family is me, two boys a girl and my wife).

It is cool, everyone has an interest at this point. My 10 year old and I are in guitar lessons, my 7 year old boy and my wife are going to start piano/keyboard lessons after the first of the year and Christmas arrivals. (big music Christmas being planned this year), and my 4 year old likes to take a turn strumming on my guitar or have her Barbie keyboard with mic around to join in.

The problem is the cost of adding on to the house may prevent the plan for a dedicated room for while. Further adapting her office may be the best plan. It is 250 square feet and could be arranged to minimize set up and tear down and cabled to computer, recording stuff/computer without too much trouble. That is one of the reasons I want the Toneport UX2 for my birthday. :)

pes_laul
September 25th, 2007, 02:33 PM
i think i got the perfect room ever my bedroom lol-it has my bed on one side and a big wooden entertainment center that holds my TV games stereo recording equipment etc. i have two guitar stands on one side of my room (one for my strat and a acoustic) on the other side on the floor i have my line 6 spider III 15 (great for practicing and recording) also on the floor i have my dod overdrive and all my FX and what not dont forget a big powerstrip :D. and my closet which holds cases keyboards etc (oh yeah and my wardrobe) so yeah i have a pretty good setup basicly the only time i have to leave is school and suppertime:D

pes_laul
September 25th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Mine........just got a Tweed Bassman 4x10 to fit in......

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/fingers23/DSC01884.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/fingers23/DSC01883.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/fingers23/DSC01879.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/fingers23/DSC01885.jpg
is that a line 6 spider III 15 i see

just strum
September 25th, 2007, 03:44 PM
i think i got the perfect room ever my bedroom lol-it has my bed on one side and a big wooden entertainment center that holds my TV games stereo recording equipment etc. i have two guitar stands on one side of my room (one for my strat and a acoustic) on the other side on the floor i have my line 6 spider III 15 (great for practicing and recording) also on the floor i have my dod overdrive and all my FX and what not dont forget a big powerstrip :D. and my closet which holds cases keyboards etc (oh yeah and my wardrobe) so yeah i have a pretty good setup basicly the only time i have to leave is school and suppertime:D

Ahhh, to be young again.

Enjoy it!!!

Getting older is not bad, it's the expense that kills ya.

Fingers
September 25th, 2007, 11:22 PM
is that a line 6 spider III 15 i see

No it is a Spider 112 75 watt......................rarely used...bought as a first amp.

The Vox AD50 next to it is superb...........and the Fender tweed bassman, not in the picture, is even better.................

Plank_Spanker
September 26th, 2007, 11:11 AM
The back bedroom of my house is my sanctuary:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/axepilot/100_0692.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/axepilot/100_0689.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/axepilot/100_0688.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/axepilot/100_0687.jpg

sunvalleylaw
September 26th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Nice to see the Fret pulled up on the computer monitor! Nice amph stand too!

oh, the amps and guitars are pretty cool too. ;-)

Plank_Spanker
September 26th, 2007, 12:39 PM
Thanks, Steve. Lots of notes get played in here. :D

Bloozcat
September 26th, 2007, 01:10 PM
The third bedroom is mine...

It's funny, but it was my wife who suggested that I convert the room into my "hobby room", as she calls it. She got tired of my "stuff" in the second bedroom, the office, and even in our bedroom to an extent. So I gladly took her up on it.

I put four 5'Wx6'Hx2.5'D lockable cabinets against two of the walls, and a 4' long workbench with side drawers/cabinets on a short wall in a corner of the room. Plus there's the closet as well. All of my music stuff is stored in the cabinets and closet, along with all of my hunting/camping stuff (another of my expensive hobbies).

It is so nice to have my guitars sitting out on stands where I can pick them up anytime and play. I do limit the number that are on stands at any given time to just four, though. Otherwise, the floor space gets a little cluttered, with the row of amps right behind them taking up more of the space. I keep the room nice and neat - except the workbench at times when I've got a project going on - so my wife's happy too. Even the cat's happy as she loves to follow me into the room and sleep closeby when I work on a project.

just strum
September 26th, 2007, 04:05 PM
I may have missed this, but approximately what size rooms are these "guitar lounges"

pes_laul
September 26th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Ahhh, to be young again.

Enjoy it!!!

Getting older is not bad, it's the expense that kills ya.
yeah sometimes i think i mooch of my dad (only a little:AOK: )

Plank_Spanker
September 27th, 2007, 04:39 AM
I may have missed this, but approximately what size rooms are these "guitar lounges"

Mine is "cozy"....................just a 10' x 10' bedroom. It was even more cozy when I was storing my PA gear here - 2 amp racks, board, snake, and 2 gear boxes. That's all at our practice place now, thankfully.

just strum
February 2nd, 2008, 04:32 PM
News Flash: The spare room was invaded today and successfully captured. I officially have the beginnings of a "music room", "Guitar Lounge"...whatever you want to call it.:rockon:

Moved the guitars, amp, and computer up to the room. Still has three file cabinets, a bookcase, desk, and a torn down set of drums. Rooms about 10x11, so obviously it's cramped right now. Need to do away with the file cabinets and bookcase, I'm not sure about the drums. I think I will keep the desk as it serves well for storage, laptop, monitor, and bookcase speakers.

I have to move "stuff" out of the closet and then I can start painting:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Plank_Spanker
February 2nd, 2008, 05:04 PM
********THE CROWD ROARS!!!*********

Finally staked a claim to your own little slice of heaven! :AOK:

My wife has deemed that mine will undergo rennovation this spring - with my concurrence. New paint, new windows, and an overhead light.

just strum
February 2nd, 2008, 05:26 PM
I'm going to do the same. Once I get the "stuff" out of here I will paint the room, set up the one wall for hanging guitars.

I made one last try of convincing my wife that we move our bed into this room and I would set-up the master bedroom as the music room - didn't win that one.

If we ever cleaned out our basement I would have a nice space, but I'm not sure if the area would be good for guitar storage.

So for now I will take what I can get. Funny, You Can't Always Get What You Want is playing on my computer - fits the moment.

luvmyshiner
February 2nd, 2008, 05:42 PM
Very cool Strum! And you know we're going to need pictures.:bravo:

mark wein
February 4th, 2008, 09:56 AM
I have no space in my house....one guitar in the corner of the living room..I keep all of my gear at the teaching studio, and since I play all day at work I tend to get it out of my system by the time I get home, although during the weekends it would be nice to have a little "playing space"....

just strum
March 15th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Well the desk is a mess, the file cabinets and bookcase are still here, but I have enough room to practice with the door closed. The sheet in the background covers the drums and eventually I will set them up. Still can't decide on keeping the desk - good work surface and storage.

The room is such a mess right now I feel I am in a storage closet. I haven't spent much time on planning the room. Still need to come up with a color that is conducive to relaxing and being creative.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/DSC00067.jpg

wingsdad
March 15th, 2008, 09:49 PM
.... Still need to come up with a color that is conducive to relaxing and being creative.
How 'bout TransRed, Black, Dark Violin Sunburst...;)

What's that little acoustic thing in the background, there, Strum :poke:

just strum
March 15th, 2008, 09:57 PM
How 'bout TransRed, Black, Dark Violin Sunburst...;)

What's that little acoustic thing in the background, there, Strum :poke:

That is some JC Penny special that is or was my daughters guitar that she received many years ago. I tinker around with it, but it sounds more like a bad ukulele than a guitar.

Dreadman is helping me mod it in a comical way.

ZMAN
March 16th, 2008, 07:21 AM
Hey JS I was able to get my own guitar room/music room a couple of years ago when my son moved out. I have it all set up with my amps down one wall, all my Audio visiual stuff in cabinets on one wall and the double closet holds all my guitars in the cases. One thing I did to declutter the room was invest in a pedal board. I bought the Furman, with it's own conditioned power supply. That is a huge difference. I have it plugged into the wall and all I have is a cord from it to my amps, and one to my guitar. When I am finished it slides under the Sofa bed.
I usuaslly only keep one or two guitars out at a time. I purchased a surround system, and a decent flat screen tv so I can play Music DVDs. I purchased an industrial grad 6 foot power Bar that runs along behind my amps for plugs.
What ever you do make sure your power is clean, don't plug any of your pedals into power strips. That is where 90% of your noise comes from. That is where the conditioned power source in the pedal board comes into play.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/Stewz/P4280055.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/Stewz/P4280056.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/Stewz/Guitarroom.jpg

just strum
March 16th, 2008, 07:51 AM
ZMAN,

Very nice set-up. I don't know if I would leave the room if I had all that. I tried to convince my wife to let me use the master bedroom as my music room, but that never got past me asking her the question.:D

My music room is approximately 10x11 so I will have to get very efficient, especially with a drum set and desk in the room. I also plan on soundproofing one wall, so that pretty much takes hanging anything on that wall. I still have not taken over the closet (it's the wifes extension closet). How big is the room that you are using?

The declutter process will be the challenge. I know Plank just went through it and did a nice job (I think his wife played a key role). I hate clutter, so the room in the current condition is driving me nuts.

What exactly is a "conditioned power source"?

Is that a Sony stereo unit next to the head of the vintage white Strat? I have a unit downstairs that looks identical.

I love when you guys post pics of the rooms you've set up, it helps provide ideas - you and Plank gets me thinking about getting off my :deadhorse:

ZMAN
March 16th, 2008, 08:17 AM
Most of the excess noise that people get from guitars and pedals is noise from the power. IE: improper grounding. I am not an electronic wizard but I have done it by trial and error. IF you plug into a power bar, and say you have several wall warts and a couple of pedals, you will be multiplying the hum from each pedal, which creates a lot of noise.
The conditioned power supply is properly grounded and when you plug it
directly into house current(wall plug) you get dead quiet. That is if your house is properly grounded and I would hope so! The Furman board also has plugs for any "special" voltage wall warts that are also properly ground.
My room has to do double duty when my relatives stay over, and last Christmas we had to move a couple of things around. My wife plugged my pedal board into a power strip and when I turned it on I thought one of my pedals had been fried. I spent all day trying to find out which one was bad. I finally decided to unplug the board, and that is when I found the problem.
Back into the wall and problem solved.
The room is 10 by13, with an 8 by 2.5 foot double closet on the end wall.
I keep 12 of my guitars in their cases in the closet and It has an organizer with shelves for any books, and the rest of my Die cast Camaro collection.
I use the Sony Unit to learn new songs. I buy the "recorded edition" tab books, that are specific to a recorded cd. I use the replay button, and the remote to play and rewind licks so I can learn them. A great tool.
My room took a lot of planning and I am lucky enough to have no backyard neighbours and the ones on either side are never home. So I can wail away.
This is the board, and they are better at explaining the power thing.
This company sells a ton of power conditioner for pros.
http://www.furmansound.com/product.php?id=SPB-8
http://www.furmansound.com/index.php?div=01
Paid 180 US, at GC in Portland Maine. Worth every nickel.

just strum
May 25th, 2008, 02:46 PM
This has to be one of the slowest projects. Today I took the time to evict items belonging to my kids, threw away some clutter and moved things around.

Once the room is painted, I will have the guitars hanging from the wall behind the amp and drums. The wall to the right where you see a portion of a bookcase will be soundproofed. Not in the photo is a desk and two, two drawer file cabinets that will stay. I would prefer a smaller desk, but it's needed for when I'm working from home. I will have the desk double as a place to operate on my guitars and use one of the drawers for tool storage. Storage is another good reason to keep the desk.

so, today I went from this,

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Picture239.jpg

to this for some gain.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Picture242.jpg

thearabianmage
May 25th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Soon I'm going to be moving to London, which is notorious for lack of space. How can I fit 3 electrics, one nylon string, 2 fretless nylon strings, a bass, a keyboard, a computer desk, speakers, effects, amps (1x30w +1x100w), 2 laptops, and floor pedals in my tiny room and still have clothes and stuff?

I'm sacrificing a bed, getting rid of my 120+ DVD collections (6 disc boxsets still count as one - in total, maybe 200+ DVDs alltogether), I'm getting rid of my DVD players, games consoles, television, and I may copy my 250+ CD collection to my 500GB hard drive and, after shedding many tears, sell the majority of my CDs. But that last one is a last resort.

And before any of you think I'm a spoiled brat, just about everything in this message I mentioned I bought with my own money that I worked crap jobs for.

If you really want your music room, it will happen, dude! Keep at it!!!

just strum
May 25th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Soon I'm going to be moving to London, which is notorious for lack of space. How can I fit 3 electrics, one nylon string, 2 fretless nylon strings, a bass, a keyboard, a computer desk, speakers, effects, amps (1x30w +1x100w), 2 laptops, and floor pedals in my tiny room and still have clothes and stuff?

Why the move? More opportunity in London?

just strum
May 25th, 2008, 03:17 PM
I was thinking of a mural painting where the guitars will be hanging.

Hmmmm, what to paint??? I know something will come to me.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/InvisibleBuck.jpg

Rabies
May 25th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Nothing would inspire you more than a deer on the wall :AOK:

:rotflmao: :D

thearabianmage
May 25th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Why the move? More opportunity in London?

I've been accepted into The Institute of Contemporary Music Performance. . .so yes, a lot more opportunity. Plus, London is where it's at, musically speaking, as far as Britain is concerned. Not Cheddar. The closest big city to Cheddar is Bristol, the hometown of Drum 'n Bass. Not the place for rock'n'roll. . .

Plus, I've grown up my whole life in the countryside. . . I wanna move to the city!!! :bravo:

just strum
May 25th, 2008, 03:29 PM
I've been accepted into The Institute of Contemporary Music Performance. . .so yes, a lot more opportunity. Plus, London is where it's at, musically speaking, as far as Britain is concerned. Not Cheddar. The closest big city to Cheddar is Bristol, the hometown of Drum 'n Bass. Not the place for rock'n'roll. . .

Plus, I've grown up my whole life in the countryside. . . I wanna move to the city!!! :bravo:

Geez, do I feel like an idiot, I didn't realize you were the guy posting the clips for feedback from the fretters. Sorry dude, sometimes I don't pay attention to who's doing what or what I said this or that to (now if that isn't a train wreck American sentence, I don't know what is), but hopefully you understand what I'm saying.

thearabianmage
May 25th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Geez, do I feel like an idiot, I didn't realize you were the guy posting the clips for feedback from the fretters. Sorry dude, sometimes I don't pay attention to who's doing what or what I said this or that to (now if that isn't a train wreck American sentence, I don't know what is), but hopefully you understand what I'm saying.

Wehey! So how was my playing?

I know what you mean, though. :AOK:

street music
May 25th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Strum, about the DEAR on the wall??? You sure you want it behind you? And I only noticed four guitars sitting in the floor??? There were more???

just strum
May 25th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Strum, about the DEAR on the wall??? You sure you want it behind you? And I only noticed four guitars sitting in the floor??? There were more???

actually when I play guitar I am facing that wall and I play guitar far more than drums.

I just took the pic to show how the space is beginning to open up and the guitars shown are the four I play the most.

The SG is in its case and the Squier is about to be packed for shipping if Kazz ever gets his a$$ back on the forum.

Rabies
May 25th, 2008, 04:33 PM
actually when I play guitar I am facing that wall and I play guitar far more than drums.

I just took the pic to show how the space is beginning to open up and the guitars shown are the four I play the most.

The SG is in its case and the Squier is about to be packed for shipping if Kazz ever gets his a$$ back on the forum.

Squier? What was it? Or is...you know what I mean...:AOK:

just strum
May 25th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Squier? What was it? Or is...you know what I mean...:AOK:

A Bullet - inexpensive first guitar. I was going to save it so if I ever get the talent and the B's to get up on stage, I was going to end it with my Pete Townsend imitation, but no one would loan me an amp.

Rabies
May 25th, 2008, 05:01 PM
A Bullet - inexpensive first guitar. I was going to save it so if I ever get the talent and the B's to get up on stage, I was going to end it with my Pete Townsend imitation, but no one would loan me an amp.

Smash it into the Vox...that armor grill can probably take it!!

just strum
May 25th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Smash it into the Vox...that armor grill can probably take it!!

What will cook the burgers and hotdogs on this weekend if I do that?

thearabianmage
May 25th, 2008, 05:20 PM
What will cook the burgers and hotdogs on this weekend if I do that?

Use your Shaolin Warrior Might! Concentrate hard enough and they should cook themselves :AOK:

just strum
July 10th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Just spent time tearing down the drums and loading them into the car. Boy, they took up a lot of room. It is the slowest guitar room transformation, but it is progressing.

Should be able to paint soon, but until then maybe I'll put in a basketball hoop.

just strum
July 11th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Don't deliver drums to someone that has a two car garage converted into a miniature house/rehearsal room with an abundance of guitars (and amps-Marshall's and Peavey's) of which some of the guitars are for sale.

Details of possible guitar purchase to follow.

Regarding the rehearsal room - He removed the garage door, installed a outer wall with door and a window on each side. Put in a bar (seats 5 or 6), brick fireplace on back wall. Definitely a great place to escape and crank it up. So instead of guitar room, he made him self a guitar house.

sunvalleylaw
June 9th, 2009, 10:40 PM
We have had some changes in the last year, and the short version is that my mother in law (who I get along with splendidly btw) is moving in with us due to slowly degenerating health reasons. It is sad, but it is a blessing that between her and us, we can make this work and not have her just move into assisted living. It would not work for her.

So that we have some space and are not in each others' faces all the time, we are adding on also to the kitchen, and moving my wife's office into another part of the house, and expanding it and turning the end of the room into a tech room/music room. The project in the works is below.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/sunvalleylaw/IMG_0155.jpg

The way I have it envisioned is that the computer desk, with the Toneport, and all wiring ready for connections for use as a recorder, etc. will be in the left corner of the pic by that dry wall. you can see the data and phone coming into the wall there. The keyboard will be in front of the window in the left of the photo. Amps will be along the wall under the window straight ahead. TV and stereo will be in the right corner, initially in a hutch that will be diagonally across the corner. Speaker wire is run up the wall in those corners. I am thinking of having guitar hangers on the wall on either side of the window.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/sunvalleylaw/IMG_0156.jpg

Couch in a L type formation will be in front of the gas fireplace you see there, and have a view of the vid area.

The idea will be to have the iMac be able to run music and video to the stereo and TV, and I will run sound from GB to the stereo so I can use it as a PA. I will be careful about levels, but we will have just guitars, backing tracks, and keyboards. No live drums yet. I may have to look into some PA setup some day instead of trying to run that through my stereo, but would welcome advice on this. I plan on having a decent humidifier in the room. The foreground of the pic is past the couch and will have a foosball table and maybe have a ping pong table, and will have soft tip darts somewhere.

The equipment is basically bought and paid for but for my good old speakers that need to be reconed. They will hang up in the corner, or be placed in the corners in some good, traditional way for music imaging. We may have to add some speakers for movie watching someday as it seems dialogue does not come across through traditional stereo setups that well.

Any advice or thoughts as I am in the planning stages?

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/sunvalleylaw/IMG_0153.jpg

This pic is where the door from the rec/tech/music room leads to, and I just submit it because I like it. It is the new dining area off the kitchen, and the difference the skylights are going to make is huge! :AOK:

Gutmann
June 9th, 2009, 11:33 PM
The back bedroom of my house is my sanctuary:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/axepilot/100_0692.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/axepilot/100_0689.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/axepilot/100_0688.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/axepilot/100_0687.jpg

...Erdinger - hmm :beer:

This is my heaven:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_NHrKcz_FQRE/Scdo-E7sbEI/AAAAAAAAABs/KmMDnXKEKww/s800/SANY0374.JPG

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_NHrKcz_FQRE/SivRecjwZnI/AAAAAAAAAMc/sevTk5ZynbU/s800/P1080890.JPG

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_NHrKcz_FQRE/SivRQ3ZIimI/AAAAAAAAAMY/PeSyMLpPkZ0/s800/P1080884.JPG

wingsdad
June 10th, 2009, 06:59 AM
...This is my heaven: (pics) ...
gutman... is that some type of G&L Legacy leaning on the bench with guitar cases? I knew about that ASAT...we have common tastes...and now I spot another commonality: a Yamaha AW16G [or 1600?] on the desk?;)

sunvalleylaw
June 10th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Nice looking room and gear there Gutmann. It is fun to see the more professional rooms. Mine will be much more "home player" oriented, but I hope to have some good recording/computer mixing/playback capacity.

Gutmann
June 10th, 2009, 09:43 AM
gutman... is that some type of G&L Legacy leaning on the bench with guitar cases? I knew about that ASAT...we have common tastes...and now I spot another commonality: a Yamaha AW16G [or 1600?] on the desk?;)

You're talking about the red strat? That is a Fret King Corona SP60 I got 3 months ago for a nice price.
Here some pics:
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_NHrKcz_FQRE/Sf2DqYK0ckI/AAAAAAAAAH0/5aiFGG-4Dj4/s800/DSCF3631.JPG
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_NHrKcz_FQRE/SdGuZHtL1xI/AAAAAAAAADE/aW_Y-fHArBM/s800/DSCF3520.JPG
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_NHrKcz_FQRE/Sf2ECHjQhHI/AAAAAAAAAHc/sQ8fLzOScbc/s800/DSCF3632.JPG

I really want a G&L S500 - but it's hard to find one for a good price here.
And yes, the recorder is a yamaha aw16g. All the miked amps and drums are plugged into it everytime - so it's easy to record everytime we play (which doesn't seem to happen very often unfortunately).

Last week, we took out everything from that room to clean and rearrange it - the reason why I made som pics:D
Here is a nice pic when we had a couple of amps and guitars frome some friends to check out:
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_NHrKcz_FQRE/Si_ThextCWI/AAAAAAAAAN4/t5ewD_soJgA/s800/P1050764.JPG:master: