PDA

View Full Version : Robert Cray notation or tab book

ted s
September 25th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Can't find anything anywhere no how, no way. Nothing in the music store and little if any on-line stores. :messedup:
I would have thought if last weeks manufactured heros have a song book then RC should have.
Any tips on where else to look/shop ?

thanks

marnold
September 25th, 2007, 09:13 PM
There used to be a Hal Leonard tab book of Robert Cray stuff but it appears to be out of print.

pes_laul
October 8th, 2007, 07:43 PM
try sheetmusicplus.com

YerDugliness
October 8th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Can't find anything anywhere no how, no way. Nothing in the music store and little if any on-line stores. :messedup:
I would have thought if last weeks manufactured heros have a song book then RC should have.
Any tips on where else to look/shop ?

thanks

Go here: http://www.e-chords.com/tabs.asp?search=Robert+Cray&tipo=1

Once the Robert Cray menu appears, just click on either the 6 string guitar (on the left), the piano (the middle, usually) or the bass guitar (on the right usually) beside the song you want. Not all songs have all 3, some have only one.

A couple of tips regarding echords.com--if you don't like the key the song appears in, check the line of keys at the top, right by the echords logo. You can get alternate keys by clicking on keys other than the one in which the song is displayed. Not every key, mind you, but I've found for the most part you can get at least 2 or 3 alternate keys by digging around. Some of the songs don't have this feature at the top (Lyle Lovett's "If I Had a Boat" comes to mind in this regard).

Also, the chords are diagramed at the bottom of the page on which the song is displayed, but as you are reading the song, if you run across a chord with which you are not familiar, just place your cursor on the name of the chord and voila, the chord diagram will appear!! Nice feature; now, if only I could make some of the chords :o .

Good luck. This ought to be enough to get you a start, and they are free!!

Dugly :cool:

ted s
November 23rd, 2007, 02:43 PM
I recently came across this site, looks pretty good at a glance.
http://www.tabsrus.nl/Band/Robert%20Cray%20Band