PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 - Finish the fight (Xbox 360)

SuperSwede
September 26th, 2007, 11:42 PM
I got Halo 3 on launch day, and if you like fps games then you will love this game. Its worth getting an Xbox 360 for just this game....Its THAT good.

:AOK: :AOK: :AOK: :AOK:

Robert
September 27th, 2007, 07:06 AM
I'll probably get the 360 and the game around X-mas!

Tone2TheBone
September 27th, 2007, 08:53 AM
I want one too really bad. Reeally bad. We used to have Halo competitions all the time at my friend's house. Now that I have a wide screen at home I'd love to have the system and all the Halos.

SuperSwede
September 27th, 2007, 10:30 AM
I bought a new LCD HD-TV a while ago, games and HD video (even normal DVD´s) looks fantastic!
The 360 can also play all your music, videos and display photos that you have on your computer, and you can do this over regular ethernet or WIFI.(even from a Mac using this app: http://www.nullriver.com/index/products/connect360 )

Robert, have you played the first two halo games? I really recommend that you do that if you want to understand the complex story of halo 3.
Halo 1-2-3 = Masterpiece, and in my book fully comparable to the Star Wars movies.

Robert
September 27th, 2007, 10:34 AM
I have Halo 2 for the old Xbox that keeps giving me trouble. I almost finished the game on the normal setting. :) I am not a skilled gamer but I like it in small amounts (just like with shredding :) )

Tone2TheBone
September 27th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Hey Swede are you at all familiar with the PC version of the first Halo? I've been wanting to buy it cause it's cheap. I'd rather play on a console but sometimes I'd like to play it on a PC during boring lunch hours.

Justaguyin_nc
September 27th, 2007, 11:41 AM
I got Halo 3 on launch day, and if you like fps games then you will love this game. Its worth getting an Xbox 360 for just this game....Its THAT good.

:AOK: :AOK: :AOK: :AOK:

I've been a gamer for years on end.. I will not break down and buy a game console at the prices they ask when I have a perfectly capable computer that plays them better...

So many great FPS on the PC... Rainbow Six series.. is my favorate..
FREE America's Army..hard to beat...

Microsoft has enough of my money already... I just wont do it!!

Man..I hope I don't do it... :puke::rotflmao:

marnold
September 27th, 2007, 11:54 AM
At some point a PS3 will be in my future, and along with it the likes of Half-Life 2 Orange Box and UT3. Oh boy! Mayhem!

SuperSwede
September 27th, 2007, 11:40 PM
T2tb, I have both the Mac & Xbox version of Halo1. The computer version looks better (higher resolution) but Halo was designed with the xbox controller in mind, it just works better than with a mouse + keyboard. The 360 is backwards compatible with the xbox, so all the Halo games works (it even upscales and eliminate jaggies when you run it on a 360).

Justa, I agree that there are some brilliant games out there for computers but there is something special about the couch+beer+videogame+tv combo. :D

Justaguyin_nc
September 28th, 2007, 01:00 AM
Justa, I agree that there are some brilliant games out there for computers but there is something special about the couch+beer+videogame+tv combo. :D

Do you realize I would have to play those games on a 53 inch tv!!
Can you imagine how much higher my Beer Tab would be per month!!
Do you know how comfortable that would be on the couch!!
Can you tell me who is selling them the cheapest??

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:beer:

SuperSwede
September 28th, 2007, 06:26 AM
Do you realize I would have to play those games on a 53 inch tv!!
Can you imagine how much higher my Beer Tab would be per month!!
Do you know how comfortable that would be on the couch!!
Can you tell me who is selling them the cheapest??

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Walmart? ;)

Anyway, see you on xbox live then.. We could have our own Halo3 fretnet clan... :beavisnbutthead:

Tim
September 28th, 2007, 06:51 AM
Hey Swede are you at all familiar with the PC version of the first Halo? I've been wanting to buy it cause it's cheap. I'd rather play on a console but sometimes I'd like to play it on a PC during boring lunch hours.

I am not a gamer yet, but you fellows are getting my interest peaking. I just may have to go and purchase the PC version of Halo. Can this be bought a Wal Mart also?

tunghaichuan
September 28th, 2007, 08:11 AM
I am not a gamer yet, but you fellows are getting my interest peaking. I just may have to go and purchase the PC version of Halo. Can this be bought a Wal Mart also?

I have the PC version of Halo 1, and I enjoyed that game a great deal. It ranks up there with Diablo, Diablo II, Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy as one of my favorites.

I don't shop at WalMart, but I've seen the game at Best Buy and Target, so it is pretty widely available.

tung

Tone2TheBone
September 28th, 2007, 08:29 AM

Tim, I've seen Halo for PCs at Walmart for $19.99 I'm gonna get it just to try it out. I'm already burnt out on playing Starcraft on the PC and I'm patiently waiting for Starcraft II.

pie_man_25
September 28th, 2007, 08:35 AM
ma, I hate new video games, I mean really, what I've seen from halo 3 and bioshock, most of that stuff just looks like you're cheating, whatever happened to those days playing DOOM in nightmare for hours on end with just a shotgun and a chainsaw between you and death? Whatever happened to good old fashioned just shoot the shit of 'em and then get to the exit?!?!

Tone2TheBone
September 28th, 2007, 08:43 AM
ma, I hate new video games, I mean really, what I've seen from halo 3 and bioshock, most of that stuff just looks like you're cheating, whatever happened to those days playing DOOM in nightmare for hours on end with just a shotgun and a chainsaw between you and death? Whatever happened to good old fashioned just shoot the shit of 'em and then get to the exit?!?!

Damn good assessment.

I think the extra toys are fun though.

tunghaichuan
September 28th, 2007, 08:46 AM
Damn good assessment.

I think the extra toys are fun though.

One of the cool things about Halo 1 is that you can only carry two weapons at one time (and some grenades). You have to strategize as not all weapons are effective against all enemies.

tung

Tone2TheBone
September 28th, 2007, 08:56 AM
One of the cool things about Halo 1 is that you can only carry two weapons at one time (and some grenades). You have to strategize as not all weapons are effective against all enemies.

tung

I'm anxious to try it out. I love first person action/strategy. The Metal Gear Solid series is a real winner with me. Often times you need to stealth your way into and out of situations.

I think I'll pick up that Halo for PC today.

SuperSwede
September 28th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Tung, you are absolutely correct. Halo is more about strategy than any other fps game. You cannot simply charge with your weapons blazin´ through enemy hordes. Every fight needs to be planned carefully. Do you stay behind with a sniper rifle when your fellow marines attack that hill, or would a diversion attack work best?

Tim, I think you will love this game. It has a very interesting story, and rock solid gameplay from start to finish.

Pie_man... what can I say.. just wait until you are faced with a Hunter with only a pistol. Thats as much adrenaline that you get without sticking your fingers in a Marshall Plexi power tube socket.

Tim
September 29th, 2007, 07:43 AM
OK! You guys are really reeling me in big time. I am almost in the net. My son (who joined the Navy 4 years ago) left his PS2 behind and it is collecting dust at this very moment. Is there a Halo for PS2? Which would be a better buy of the game Halo, the PC version or the PS2?

SuperSwede
September 29th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Tim, Halo 1&2 is only available for the microsoft xbox and PC. Halo 3 is a Xbox 360 exclusive so far.

Justaguyin_nc
September 29th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Which would be a better buy of the game Halo, the PC version or the PS2?

Yup Microsoft products only... shame aint it.. think they trying to get you into the xbox market? :)

Another thing to consider when buying a PC game..is your PC capable of playing it.. Unfortunately.. alot are not.. Depending on the game.. make sure you read the side of the box cover when purchasing.. and make sure your at what they suggest other than the barely gets it running requirments...

Usually.. this means a processor of good speed.. recently I went to dual core 3ghz due to 1.8 processor would not play certain games for me smoothly..

Also updateing my Graphics card to meet the higher demands..

This is an ongoing thing for PC's and the gaming world.. but believe me.. you usually get more product out of a PC game than a GameBox..

Suggest 3ghz processor and Nvidia Graphics GeForce 7200+ and up for real game play without problems for all games today and hopefully in the near future..but just near.. ATI makes great cards to.

OH yeah..Guitar hero III will be released on the PC this time :Dude: so I can hold off on my gamebox version for now..:)

tunghaichuan
September 29th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Yup Microsoft products only... shame aint it.. think they trying to get you into the xbox market? :)

Also, Halo 2 officially runs on Windows Vista. Although fairly soon after Halo 2 came out, there were cracks that would allow it to run on Windows XP. I'd like to play Halo 2, but my PC doesn't have Vista, and won't run it very well. I'm not going to by an Xbox just to play a video game when I have a perfectly good PC.

tung

marnold
September 29th, 2007, 08:46 PM
I've officially given up upgrading my computer for games. One reason is because I've switched to Linux. Some games have native clients, most have to be played via WINE/Cedega which can be hit and miss. Even with the PS3 being as expensive as it is, it would cost me that much to get a new mobo, CPU, and memory. That's before I would get to video, sound, case/PSU, etc. Now that the id and Epic games that I love to play are coming to it, there's no reason to do anything else. Rumo(u)r has it that there will be a $399 PS3 SKU with a 40G HD in time for Christmas. On top of the games, I can use the PS3 to play media streamed from my PC. Oh yeah, it can run Linux too :)

Tone2TheBone
October 23rd, 2007, 01:30 PM
Well I finally picked up Halo for PC today. Installed fine. FMVs are fine. Gameplay is ok until you start firing at your enemy then the whole 'puter slows down. I tweaked the fancy graphics options to shut off glare reflections, flash, dust etc. and that seemed to help. This PC has an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

SuperSwede
October 23rd, 2007, 01:34 PM
Well I finally picked up Halo for PC today. Installed fine. FMVs are fine. Gameplay is ok until you start firing at your enemy then the whole 'puter slows down. I tweaked the fancy graphics options to shut off glare reflections, flash, dust etc. and that seemed to help. This PC has an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

Hmmm.. strange.. Have you tried to download the latest Halo update?

Tone2TheBone
October 23rd, 2007, 01:36 PM
Hmmm.. strange.. Have you tried to download the latest Halo update?

No how do I do that? Oh wait I probably can't do that on this machine...(filter)...I'll have to do it at home and then save it to a memory stick then bring it here.

SuperSwede
October 23rd, 2007, 01:41 PM
No how do I do that? Oh wait I probably can't do that on this machine...(filter)...I'll have to do it at home and then save it to a memory stick then bring it here.

Heh... I dont think that you are supposed to install that on your *censored* Yngwie ;)
Can I mail you the .exe file ? its only 4.4 mb

Tone2TheBone
October 23rd, 2007, 01:47 PM
Heh... I dont think that you are supposed to install that on your *censored* ;)
Can I mail you the .exe file ? its only 4.4 mb

Shaddup man!

Yeah email that sucker. :)

SuperSwede
October 23rd, 2007, 01:50 PM
check your mail

Ps. I edited my post just in case if your boss should become interested in guitar sites ;)

Tone2TheBone
October 23rd, 2007, 02:07 PM
check your mail

Ps. I edited my post just in case if your boss should become interested in guitar sites ;)

Ja but it still shows up in my reply. Lemme change that.....

and take out my name while you're at it! :messedup: :D

duhvoodooman
October 23rd, 2007, 02:10 PM
This PC has an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
There's your problem. Low-end video card, 4 year-old technology, and not up to the graphics rendering demands of this game.

SuperSwede
October 23rd, 2007, 02:15 PM
Ja but it still shows up in my reply. Lemme change that.....

and take out my name while you're at it! :messedup: :D

Been there, done that...

Tone2TheBone
October 23rd, 2007, 03:19 PM
I changed the refresh rate on my monitor settings and took it a step down on the graphics acceleration and that helped A LOT. Now the movements are smoother. I think I even upped the flashy highlighting too and it still moves a lot better than it was. Time to waste some Covenant ***.

SuperSwede
October 24th, 2007, 12:06 AM
I changed the refresh rate on my monitor settings and took it a step down on the graphics acceleration and that helped A LOT. Now the movements are smoother. I think I even upped the flashy highlighting too and it still moves a lot better than it was. Time to waste some Covenant ***.

Be brave soldier. Dont throw that pistol away, you´ll need it for your first encounter with the hunters... ehrm.. that was a spoiler..sorry.. :spank: :D

http://nikon.bungie.org/screenshots/halomedia.112801/Halopic.46.jpg

Tone2TheBone
October 24th, 2007, 08:18 AM
Be brave soldier. Dont throw that pistol away, you´ll need it for your first encounter with the hunters... ehrm.. that was a spoiler..sorry.. :spank: :D

http://nikon.bungie.org/screenshots/halomedia.112801/Halopic.46.jpg

3 words. Bring.......them.......on. :drool:

SuperSwede
October 24th, 2007, 08:20 AM
3 words. Bring.......them.......on. :drool:

Sweet.... I know that you´ll love it :)