PDA

View Full Version : and showing your latest guitar

just strum
September 27th, 2007, 07:42 PM
I'm taking this as an opportunity to give recognition to one or more members of the Washburn forum that I frequent.

I expressed an interest in a brand new Epi Dot that one of the members was selling, but the finances would not cooperate.

I arrived home from work today and a large box was leaning against the garage door and inside was (sorry for the poor quality pictures):

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Picture133.jpghttp://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Picture132.jpghttp://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Picture130.jpg

I thanked them on the other forum and I just wanted to mention them here.

Spudman
September 27th, 2007, 07:51 PM
How does that work? Are you a certified charity? If that's all it takes I'm changing my status. :cool:

Guys, I really like a Parker Fly Deluxe. Unfortunately I just don't have the funds for it. :(

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy.:drool:

Almost forgot...nice guitar. Congratulations.

just strum
September 27th, 2007, 08:08 PM
I don't know what I did, I mean once you get past the good looks and extreme intelligence I'm just a shallow guitar playing wannabe.

There are a number of great people on the other forum and that is what attracted me to this one, I see a lot of the same traits (I'm not setting you up for a donation).

duhvoodooman
September 27th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Wow! You must have done something nice over there, 'cuz they obviously love ya!! CONGRATS!! I have a Dot also, and they're great guitars! :AOK: :Dude: :R

Plank_Spanker
September 28th, 2007, 04:59 AM
That's a sweet looking Dot, Strum.

Hey guys, I'm really GAS'ing for an Explorer Pro. I can PM you my address.............:rotflmao:

Bloozcat
September 28th, 2007, 06:12 AM
Wow! Now that's pretty cool. You just arrived at home and here was this 335 Dot waiting for you.

Yes virginia, there is a Santa Claus...:D

BTW just strum: A little off topic, but just what town "near Cleveland", since I lived "near Cleveland" once myself?

sunvalleylaw
September 28th, 2007, 06:38 AM
Congrats! I would love to have a similar guitar someday. Good on ya!

just strum
September 28th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Wow! Now that's pretty cool. You just arrived at home and here was this 335 Dot waiting for you.

Yes virginia, there is a Santa Claus...:D

BTW just strum: A little off topic, but just what town "near Cleveland", since I lived "near Cleveland" once myself?

I'm in Aurora.

I was born and raised W25th and Dennison in the heart of Cleveland. Moved to Bay Village, North Royalton then took a short stint in Hollywood CA (lived about four buildings from the Whiskey), came back and lived in Rocky River, then Brecksville finally settling in Aurora.

So what part are you from?

just strum
September 28th, 2007, 10:34 AM
As far as I'm concerned I did nothing to deserve the gift. There are some really great people in the other forum and I would like very much for them to visit this forum. I got Shiner to come in, GG came in on her own and there are some more that I think you guys would like as an addition to the family you assembled here.

It's lunch time here and I'm really tired - stayed up much later than normal last night to play the Dot - she really is a nice guitar.

sunvalleylaw
September 28th, 2007, 10:38 AM
As far as I'm concerned I did nothing to deserve the gift. There are some really great people in the other forum and I would like very much for them to visit this forum. I got Shiner to come in, GG came in on her own and there are some more that I think you guys would like as an addition to the family you assembled here.

It's lunch time here and I'm really tired - stayed up much later than normal last night to play the Dot - she really is a nice guitar.

So what did you stay up late and play? That guitar looks like it wants to do some jazz, some blues, and maybe some Brian Setzer swingin' rockabilly. :drool:

luvmyshiner
September 28th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Heh, heh, she's a real beaut Strum. The best part is that the wife can't get upset with you for spending money on another guit.:D

just strum
September 28th, 2007, 04:27 PM
So what did you stay up late and play? That guitar looks like it wants to do some jazz, some blues, and maybe some Brian Setzer swingin' rockabilly. :drool:

Unfortunately I'm not that good, but I was on Robert's site trying out some different things. Someday I'll be able to kick out some nice music, but for now...

stingx
September 28th, 2007, 04:45 PM
I'd love a Gibson LP R0, fellas. Christmas is right around the corner and I'm jonsing something fierce. :beer:

just strum
September 28th, 2007, 04:58 PM
I'd love a Gibson LP R0, fellas. Christmas is right around the corner and I'm jonsing something fierce. :beer:

ok, it's noted on the Christmas list.

Bloozcat
October 5th, 2007, 11:04 AM
I'm in Aurora.

I was born and raised W25th and Dennison in the heart of Cleveland. Moved to Bay Village, North Royalton then took a short stint in Hollywood CA (lived about four buildings from the Whiskey), came back and lived in Rocky River, then Brecksville finally settling in Aurora.

So what part are you from?

Sorry, I had forgotten that I asked this question...:o

I lived in Richmond Heights, about 20-25 miles to the NNW of Aurora. And then for just a short period in University Heights, which was a little closer to you in the same general direction. We only lived in Ohio for about 3-years or so many moons ago. I haven't been back since, but one thing that has stayed with me all of these years, is that I'm a die-hard Browns fan - a.k.a. a long suffering Browns fan. :)

wingsdad
October 5th, 2007, 12:11 PM
....There are a number of great people on the other forum and that is what attracted me to this one, I see a lot of the same traits...

I'll second Stum's point, and add that his good fortune with the Dot wasn't the first such kind occurence there.

Truly, there's a 'core' of regular folks there that, like here, range in playing level or experience, from beginner to 'well-seasoned', who've developed an uncanny camraderie, a sense of 'family', over time. Naturally, their most common denominator, what drew them there, is their attraction to at least one particular Washburn instrument.

Eventually, horizons broaden with curiosity.

The breadth of topics here, without the innate boundaries imposed at any manufacturer-hosted discussion forum, sometimes tending to limit 'endorsement' to the hosting brand (some such, like Rickenbacker's, will automatically encrypt mention in a post of certain competing brands) makes this a great place for the thirsty to drink.

:AOK:

just strum
October 5th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Sorry, I had forgotten that I asked this question...:o

I lived in Richmond Heights, about 20-25 miles to the NNW of Aurora. And then for just a short period in University Heights, which was a little closer to you in the same general direction. We only lived in Ohio for about 3-years or so many moons ago. I haven't been back since, but one thing that has stayed with me all of these years, is that I'm a die-hard Browns fan - a.k.a. a long suffering Browns fan. :)

I actually worked in Richmond Hts for 13 years until our company moved to Painesville two years ago (snowbelt country, but not nearly as much as our friends north of the boarder). Our company sat right on the airport tarmac and we could jump on the company plane and be off to our destination, that was a very nice luxury. Was the airport there when you lived there?

Ah yes, the Browns. Well they looked good last weekend, now if they could only win two in a row. Indians looked good last night (although I'm no a huge baseball fan, it's good for the city). Didn't look so good to have Lebron James sitting in the stands with his NY hat, but if he brings us a championship come basketball season, I think all will be forgiven.

Bloozcat
October 5th, 2007, 01:15 PM
I actually worked in Richmond Hts for 13 years until our company moved to Painesville two years ago (snowbelt country, but not nearly as much as our friends north of the boarder). Our company sat right on the airport tarmac and we could jump on the company plane and be off to our destination, that was a very nice luxury. Was the airport there when you lived there?

Cuyahoga Country Airport did indeed exist when I lived there. In fact, I lived very close to it. Close enough to where I used to hang out there all the time watching the planes. Right across from the airport on Richmond Rd., are two streets called Swetland Blvd. and Nan Lin Dr. I lived in a house that was on the corner where these two streets meet.

Small world, isn't it?

just strum
October 5th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Small world, isn't it?

Yes it is, but as Steven Wright said : It's a small world, but I'd hate to have to paint it.

I'm not exactly sure of the streets, but I know the area you are referring to.

Spudman
October 5th, 2007, 02:00 PM
I'll second Stum's point, and add that his good fortune with the Dot wasn't the first such kind occurence there.

Truly, there's a 'core' of regular folks there that, like here, range in playing level or experience, from beginner to 'well-seasoned', who've developed an uncanny camraderie, a sense of 'family', over time. Naturally, their most common denominator, what drew them there, is their attraction to at least one particular Washburn instrument.

Eventually, horizons broaden with curiosity.

The breadth of topics here, without the innate boundaries imposed at any manufacturer-hosted discussion forum, sometimes tending to limit 'endorsement' to the hosting brand (some such, like Rickenbacker's, will automatically encrypt mention in a post of certain competing brands) makes this a great place for the thirsty to drink.

:AOK:

I'm not exactly sure what you said here but it sounds like you are buttering us up. Nice try but we aren't giving you a free guitar.:rotflmao:

Now lets stick to the topic.:)

wingsdad
October 5th, 2007, 02:33 PM
I'm not exactly sure what you said here but it sounds like you are buttering us up. Nice try but we aren't giving you a free guitar.:rotflmao:

Now lets stick to the topic.:)

Me neither. :rotflmao:

I'm a bit 'hazy' today with 'pain management' courtesy a dental engagement.:messedup:

Seriously, no butter here. Just lamely tryin' to 'splain why at least I, with a limited amount of time to spend online, prefer the options and overall atmosphere here rather than being hemmed in by a maufacturer-hosted site.

Adrian30
October 5th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Heh, heh, she's a real beaut Strum. The best part is that the wife can't get upset with you for spending money on another guit.:D

...and that is as good as a free guitar...wow

Congrats Strum, the black dot's looking very sweet. :AOK:

Guitar Gal
October 6th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Very nice looking Dot, Strum :R and great story to go along with it!

Now you have something else for your Vox to play around with. Enjoy :AOK:

GG

just strum
October 6th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Very nice looking Dot, Strum :R and great story to go along with it!

Now you have something else for your Vox to play around with. Enjoy :AOK:

GGThanks Guitar Gal. My ARC300 went in for an adjustment and should be back this coming week. Both the Dot and the ARC300 are really good matches for the Vox. I go to the setting website you recommended often.

You know GG, I have to hand it to you - you don't post often, but almost all of your posts offer some interesting advice and always seem to be a good contribution. As compared to my mostly useless dribble that beyond some humor value, holds little substance. I guess I am telling the truth when I say I'm here to learn, more than contribute.

Guitar Gal
October 6th, 2007, 11:13 AM
You know GG, I have to hand it to you - you don't post often, but almost all of your posts offer some interesting advice and always seem to be a good contribution. As compared to my mostly useless dribble that beyond some humor value, holds little substance. I guess I am telling the truth when I say I'm here to learn, more than contribute.

Thanks for the kind words Strum.....I'm not sure how much "interesting advice" I give since I still consider myself a newbie in the guitar world :eek:
I do enjoy your posts as they are often thought provoking and of course humorous :D

Ditto on being here to learn :AOK:

GG

warren0728
October 6th, 2007, 12:40 PM
i'm just glad you are still here guitar gal....thought the pancake antics might have sent you running! :pancake

ww

just strum
October 6th, 2007, 01:42 PM
i'm just glad you are still here guitar gal....thought the pancake antics might have sent you running! :pancake

ww

Guitar Gal has endured a lot of crap from some of us over at Washburn, she's a seasoned veteran.

Warren, that Neked Tractor Guy was just the touching the surface.

warren0728
October 6th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Guitar Gal has endured a lot of crap from some of us over at Washburn, she's a seasoned veteran.
great...she should do just fine here then! :D

ww

Guitar Gal
October 6th, 2007, 03:06 PM

ww

It would take a lot more than "pancake antics" to send me running.....I work as a psychologist in a pubic school system and deal with preschoolers through high school seniors. I have to deal with all sorts of "antics" on a daily basis :beavisnbutthead:

Actually, the students are not the ones who drive me nuts.....it's the adults :spank:
OK...now before someone jumps in with a smart *** comment (Strum).....it is a short drive to get to "nuts" from where I am.....:crazyguy:

GG

just strum
October 6th, 2007, 03:12 PM
OK...now before someone jumps in with a smart *** comment (Strum)...

GG

Darn:messedup:

Warren, see what I mean.

warren0728
October 6th, 2007, 05:41 PM
I work as a psychologist in a pubic school system
hey you are perfect for this bunch!! :AOK: :messedup: :pancake

ww

tot_Ou_tard
October 6th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Warren, that Neked Tractor Guy was just the touching the surface.

Thank God! Touching below the surface?! :eek: No thanx!

Nice ax there Strummy!

I'm really enjoying the Washburnies here, seems like a good crowd.

just strum
October 6th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Thank God! Touching below the surface?! :eek: No thanx!

Nice ax there Strummy!

Nice ax there Strummy!
Thanks, I warmed up to it real fast. Someone over at Washburn refers to me as Strummy, could it be...?
"Washburnies" I think that is the nicest thing anyone has called us. We usually aren't that nice to each other.

After I came over here I probably lurked for 30 minutes - read the sections, read some of the posts, and reviewed the forum features. I immediately registered and then told some of the Washburn folks via e-mail about this forum.

I tried to select (bad choice of words) the ones that would have an appreciation for the forum.

Your comment is appreciated

M29
October 6th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Nice Dot Strum, very nice indeed:AOK:

M29

tot_Ou_tard
October 6th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Nice ax there Strummy!
Someone over at Washburn refers to me as Strummy, could it be...?
Never touched a Washburn in my life.

Strummy just rolls off the tongue better'n JustStrum dont'cha think Strumster?

The ol' StrumMeister.

Strumboli.

Strumbolina.

just strum
October 6th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Never touched a Washburn in my life.

Strummy just rolls off the tongue better'n JustStrum dont'cha think Strumster?

The ol' StrumMeister.

Strumboli.

Strumbolina.

:rotflmao: :AOK:

Dreadman
October 6th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Strummy just rolls off the tongue...... That's how he got the DOT. :messedup:

So this place must be the reason that the W forum is so slow lately. Anyway, hello to all - old friends and hopefully some new ones.

just strum
October 6th, 2007, 08:13 PM
That's how he got the DOT. :messedup:

So this place must be the reason that the W forum is so slow lately. Anyway, hello to all - old friends and hopefully some new ones.

Hello Dreadman, I'm glad you could break away from all the work that backed up while you were traveling.

I'll let you introduce yourself in The Fret Players

BTW, Shiners here and he already posted Neked Tractor Guy

Brian Krashpad
October 8th, 2007, 08:20 AM
That's a cool story Strum!

Over at Harmony-Central, despite it's size, stuff like that happens once in a blue moon. One of the regulars over there sent a guitar from his collection to a kid who is recovering from cancer, the kid's dad is a regular poster there. A couple years after that unilateral act of kindness, the same fellow that had given away one of his guitars sent away a different guitar to have it modified by a friend on another forum.

The guy who was going to do the mods on the guitar passed away unexpectedly, and the guitar never came back to it's owner. When someone at H-C heard about it, he got a bunch of us together via pm and we all chipped in a tenner or so, and bought the fellow who'd been so generous in the first instance a new guitar. Not anything expensive mind you, but one we knew the person would like.

It's good to hear stories like this when there's so much crap going on in the world.