PDA

View Full Version : The Olympics!

Robert
February 23rd, 2006, 01:58 PM
Anyone watching? Being from Sweden, I am very excited to see so many medals for our athletes. Just saw the Swedish ladies win the gold in Curling, it was dramatic!

XC-skiing is my favorite sport to watch on tv, and hockey of course. Talking about hockey - big upset that Canada didn't make the semifinals. The Russians look very impressive. I hope to see Sweden in the finals!

Spudman
February 23rd, 2006, 10:56 PM
Robert

I was very happy to see Sweden doing so well. I was excited for you and especially the fine musicians that come out of Sweden. With Sweden doing so well I hope the trickle down effect generates interest in other things Swedish such as music.

I'm going to see the boys from Uppsala March 11 in Denver for their only USA show before the release of the new album - Paradox Hotel. Long live Swedish music!

SuperSwede
February 24th, 2006, 01:46 AM
I saw the curling final too, first time I ever watched that sport. The hockey semi will be very interesting! I think sweden can go all the way to the finals if Forsberg and Sundin delivers that fine playing again :)

Heja Sverige!

Btw Robert, I bet you have been eating lots of Swedish food? Anything special that you really looked forward to?

Spudman
February 24th, 2006, 09:05 AM
For what it's worth I had Swedish fish yesterday.

SuperSwede
February 24th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Yeah? How did you manage to get hold of that? ;)

Tone2TheBone
February 24th, 2006, 10:06 AM
SNOWBOARDING BRAH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! DOG TOWN RULEZ!

I thought they ripped off the 2nd Japanese girl on the scoring last night....(figure skating). She did really well and they put her in 3rd place. Then of course USA and Russia finished their presentations.

Spudman
February 25th, 2006, 01:42 AM
SS

Did you want to know how I got a hold of Swedish fish? Answer: Kmart. 2 bags of the red ones for $3. My dentist is going to love me.

SuperSwede
February 25th, 2006, 03:25 AM
Ah ok ;)
Didnt know that Sweden exported fish to the US..
I think that IKEA sells some swedish foodstuff too...

>SUNDAY: Whohoo , ICE HOCKEY FINAL! Sweden vs. Finland... <

marnold
February 25th, 2006, 09:13 AM
I saw the curling final too, first time I ever watched that sport. The hockey semi will be very interesting! I think sweden can go all the way to the finals if Forsberg and Sundin delivers that fine playing again :)
Since I'm a Red Wings fan, I'd also have to add the line of Holmstrom-Zetterberg-Samuelsson with Lidstrom and Kronwall on D.

Robert
February 26th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Olympic Gold in Hockey! Yahoo!

Tim
February 26th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Super Swede - Congratulations on wining GOLD in Hockey. Your team did really good.

Guitar Chris – Germany did great coming in first wining the most number of medals.

Robert – Canada looked pretty good also coming in number three on the medal count.

Congratulations to all countries and all athletes that competed!

SuperSwede
February 26th, 2006, 02:29 PM
Sweden got 14 medals this year! It has been Sweden´s best OS ever. 7 golds :)

Btw Tim, Robert is a true Swede when it comes to Hockey & pickled Herring ;)

marnold
February 26th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Olympic Gold in Hockey! Yahoo!
And all three goals in the gold medal game come from the aforementioned Red Wings! Hopefully that means that there's another Stanley Cup in works!