PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with the Traynor TRM40?

Duff
September 28th, 2007, 07:06 PM
I'm thinking about a small ss amp and have been looking at the Traynor Reverb Mate 40 with twin eight inch speakers and stereo output jacks. It has a chorus with adjustable rate and depth, reverb, two channels with vol and gain adjustments, plus a three band eq and presence control.

Might be a great sounding amp.

Anyone have any experience with this ss amp?

Thanks for the input in advance

Duff
Winfield, Pa
mbolduc@dejazzd.com

FoxZ
October 30th, 2007, 07:11 PM
I have one of these amps with the Cream tolex, bought it used. It's a very nice amp. The chorus is sweet, and it also has a spring reverb. I haven't used the overdrive gain, but instead I use an effects pedal for distortion. The presence control really makes a difference on this amp. On channel 2, which I use as clean, my Strat "shimmers" with the amp's presence control at 7 on the dial. I'm satisfied with this amp and recommend it.

FoxZ

I'm thinking about a small ss amp and have been looking at the Traynor Reverb Mate 40 with twin eight inch speakers and stereo output jacks. It has a chorus with adjustable rate and depth, reverb, two channels with vol and gain adjustments, plus a three band eq and presence control.

Might be a great sounding amp.

Anyone have any experience with this ss amp?

Thanks for the input in advance

Duff
Winfield, Pa
mbolduc@dejazzd.com

Adrian30
November 12th, 2007, 11:40 PM
Duff,
let us know if you get a chance to try one of the Traynors. They seem to be getting some decent reviews. All I know about them is that they are made in Canada.