PDA

View Full Version : Eric Johnson stratocaster & Fender Super-Sonic

Robert
September 30th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Played an Eric Johnson strat today. Wow. Vat a nice geetar! I was very impressed. This thing just oooozes quality. The neck is gorgeous, frets perfect, and the pickups sound just like heaven. This guitar must be one of the best Fenders you can buy.

I also played a Fender Super-Sonic amp. Wow again! I was very impressed. Fantastic tube tone and lots of versatility. Not that expensive either!

It has button that lets you switch between a Vibrolux and a Bassman sound. Very cool! There's also a gain channel, no metal gain here but nice, bluesy tube breakup. Go try this amp if you haven't. It might follow you home. :D

GREENMACHINE
September 30th, 2007, 09:47 PM
I also played a Fender Super-Sonic amp. Wow again! I was very impressed. Fantastic tube tone and lots of versatility. Not that expensive either!

It has button that lets you switch between a Vibrolux and a Bassman sound. Very cool! There's also a gain channel, no metal gain here but nice, bluesy tube breakup. Go try this amp if you haven't. It might follow you home. :D

Hey Robert
How much is this amp? and i'm guessing from what you said it is a tube or Valve amp?

Cheers
GREENMACHINE

Adrian30
September 30th, 2007, 09:50 PM
You win, Robert:AOK:

Today I tried a Fender Blues Jr. and, as you’re saying, almost followed me home. Maybe next time it will for real.:D

jpfeifer
September 30th, 2007, 11:26 PM
Hi Robert,

I tried the Eric Johnson strat. This one is a great guitar. It has some very nice improvements to the basic Strat design that make it play better and sound better. I'd love to have one. I think that it's one of the best choices out there for a high-quality Strat. It's basically a custom-shop Fender for much less than the typical custom shop models go for.

-- Jim

Justaguyin_nc
October 1st, 2007, 05:38 AM
Go try this amp if you haven't. It might follow you home. :D

Robert!! You suppose to try out cheap equipment and get back with us..
that guitar is about 1600.00 and the amp in 1x12 goes around 1200.00..

do you realize the effects you have on people..
:deadhorse:

They both are sweet looking though huh... :drool:

Robert
October 1st, 2007, 07:14 AM
Greemachine, it is a tube amp. 60 watts. Almost a bit on the loud side. One thing I noticed, the bassman setting is significantly louder than the vibrolux setting. It has the typical great-sounding Fender spring reverb. I'd also say that the bassman setting sounded the best. I it also has an effects loop.

The Eric Johnson strat sounds just amazing. I was deeply impressed. It matches the Custom Shop strats in quality and tone without problems.