PDA

View Full Version : Behringer gm110

Duff
September 30th, 2007, 11:08 PM
I'm thinking about getting a factory refurbished one of these at a great price.

It is supposed to be a totally analog modelling amp that produces some very tubelike tones and sounds. It has a ten inch speaker and xlr DI output that can be useful in recording onto your computer. I'm not sure how a DI output would make it easier to record onto your computer but I imagine you can buy a small interface mixer that has an xlr input and has a processor/mixer and then plugs up to your computer with a usb cable.

Would you need software to do a good recording or does windows xp have a suitable program built in?

That's getting a little ahead.

The gm110: has anyone had any experience with it that they can share with me? I would strictly use it as a practice amp in my den and its thirty watts should be enough to provide an atmosphere of fine sounding rock and blues sounds if the amp is as good at doing what it does as the reviews say it is; and I'm playing at my best and in the groove.

I don't know if it really matters, but I have heard that the smaller amps produce better sounds in a small room for late night practicing at moderately low volumes. I live in the country and can groove out fairly unimpeded late at night.

Anyone use it to any extent?

Thanks in advance for the feedback,

Duffy
Winfield, Pa
mjbolduc@dejazzd.com

333maxwell
October 1st, 2007, 02:04 AM
I'm thinking about getting a factory refurbished one of these at a great price.

It is supposed to be a totally analog modelling amp that produces some very tubelike tones and sounds. It has a ten inch speaker and xlr DI output that can be useful in recording onto your computer. I'm not sure how a DI output would make it easier to record onto your computer but I imagine you can buy a small interface mixer that has an xlr input and has a processor/mixer and then plugs up to your computer with a usb cable.

Would you need software to do a good recording or does windows xp have a suitable program built in?

That's getting a little ahead.

The gm110: has anyone had any experience with it that they can share with me? I would strictly use it as a practice amp in my den and its thirty watts should be enough to provide an atmosphere of fine sounding rock and blues sounds if the amp is as good at doing what it does as the reviews say it is; and I'm playing at my best and in the groove.

I don't know if it really matters, but I have heard that the smaller amps produce better sounds in a small room for late night practicing at moderately low volumes. I live in the country and can groove out fairly unimpeded late at night.

Anyone use it to any extent?

Thanks in advance for the feedback,

Duffy
Winfield, Pa
mjbolduc@dejazzd.com

I dunno.. Heck.. if you are able to get a refurbished (like new with warranty) one for LESS than the 99 dollars (or so) it's probably a good deal.. Behringer makes some great extreme budget gear.. I own a few of their goodys and have been more than delighted with them. And less then 3 digits for a viable practice amp is a good deal right there..

Just thinking out loud.. I've never tried the model in question.

luvmyshiner
October 1st, 2007, 03:54 PM
Hey Duff, I've got one and I really enjoy it. However, I have very little experience with the dark side. This is my first amp, and for a beginner like me it's great to play around with. The 99 preset effects give someone like me, with little experience, the chance to play around and see what's out there.

Big_Rob
October 2nd, 2007, 08:01 AM
Ive never seen one up close, but If its similar to the gmx210 your gonna love it.

I think they've got the Marshall sound down pat for a modeling amp.

Mr Grumpy
October 2nd, 2007, 11:02 AM
I had a GM110 prior to my Vox AD30. In some ways I wish I still had it as I loved the tones it could put out, the analog modelling is superb but I wanted a clean/dirty channel amp with reverb. I used to use the GM110 on tweed at a crunchy setting and ramp up and down on the guitar volume. The US higain sounds were tremendous however :Dude: - and its a loud little beast, plus well screwed together. The XLR out would be handy to go into a PA and use the amp as a stage monitor too. Its a cracking little amp - if I see a cheap 2nd hand one I could be tempted....:whatever:

Elijah
August 28th, 2010, 07:48 PM
I have owned the GM110 for several years now and am quite satisfied with it..hasn a great clean sound also!

Duffy
January 12th, 2012, 01:13 PM
I finally bought one of these a few years ago and then it was stolen from me.

I wouldn't mind getting a replacement one if I could find one in mint condition - any ideas as to where to find one?

Thanks.

Bookkeeper's Son
January 12th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Nevermind

markb
January 12th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Oops, zombies!!!

piebaldpython
January 12th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Damn Duffy.......you're the one who advised me to get my GM110 at www.audioallies.com a few yrs back. Geez, don't know where you could get a near MINT one. Seems like GOOGLE turns up nothing but USED ones. No new ones to be found.

deeaa
January 13th, 2012, 02:35 AM
That is basically a clone of Tech-21 TM-10 which is my all-time favorite bedroom amp. A VERY nice amp with analog modeling; sounds more 'tubey' and convincing than any real tube amp I ever had at bedroom volumes. Should be a very nice amp.

The D/I yields a tone similar to miking a cab with a 57 - not a modeler output, so you need to adjust EQ and add FX on your DAW later on, but it's a very good D/I sound, one of the best out there with the real Tech-21 and H&K RedBox which are very similar, and Marshall now also has a very nice one like on the JVM.

Eric
January 13th, 2012, 10:25 AM
That is basically a clone of Tech-21 TM-10 which is my all-time favorite bedroom amp. A VERY nice amp with analog modeling; sounds more 'tubey' and convincing than any real tube amp I ever had at bedroom volumes. Should be a very nice amp.

The D/I yields a tone similar to miking a cab with a 57 - not a modeler output, so you need to adjust EQ and add FX on your DAW later on, but it's a very good D/I sound, one of the best out there with the real Tech-21 and H&K RedBox which are very similar, and Marshall now also has a very nice one like on the JVM.
I thought this GM110 was a clone of the TM30, not the TM10.

deeaa
January 13th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Yes. Though, it is the same amp, 10 and 30...just a little more wattage now. Only available in 30w now

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk