PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Seymour Duncan JB bridge pickup

Tone2TheBone
October 1st, 2007, 09:20 AM
Pickup is used but in excellent condition. Black bobbins. Classic JB sound. $40 plus $8 for shipping.

Spudman
October 1st, 2007, 09:45 AM
I can't believe you'd sell this. You are going to want it back after it's gone you know.

Tone2TheBone
October 1st, 2007, 09:52 AM
It's yours if you want it. I accept Pay Pal. :)

Spudman
October 1st, 2007, 09:58 AM
It's yours if you want it. I accept Pay Pal. :)

Thanks buddy. It is tempting, but I don't have any guitars to put it in. lol :rotflmao: Besides, I already have one.

Tone2TheBone
October 1st, 2007, 10:00 AM
Thanks buddy. It is tempting, but I don't have any guitars to put it in. lol :rotflmao: Besides, I already have one.

You don't have any guitars to put it in? Are you kidding? Mr. "I got 199 guitars on my front lawn" Spudman! Surely one of them could use the JB. ;)

duhvoodooman
October 1st, 2007, 10:35 AM
You don't have any guitars to put it in? Are you kidding? Mr. "I got 199 guitars on my front lawn" Spudman! Surely one of them could use the JB.
Spuds, one must admit that Tone's logic would seem to be irrefutable on this point!! :D

Spudman
October 1st, 2007, 10:41 AM
Spuds, one must admit that Tone's logic would seem to be irrefutable on this point!! :D

Cept I'm a Dimarzio guy.:)

sunvalleylaw
October 1st, 2007, 10:45 AM

And I bought Tone's Dimarzio! :Dude:

Tone2TheBone
October 1st, 2007, 10:45 AM

:D

Tone2TheBone
October 1st, 2007, 10:46 AM
And I bought Tone's Dimarzio! :Dude:

I'm actually missing that pickup I'll have you know. The JB sounds fantastic don't get me wrong! But tone is so subjective as we all know and right now I'm wanting something else to try. I'm like that. I truly am obessive compulsive.

duhvoodooman
October 1st, 2007, 10:55 AM
....I'm like that. I truly am obessive compulsive.
Yeah, not that there is anybody else like that around here! ;)

marnold
October 1st, 2007, 11:11 AM
I shouldn't ask this, but is that the standard version or trembucker?

Tone2TheBone
October 1st, 2007, 11:11 AM
Yeah, not that there is anybody else like that around here! ;)

I dunno I think I'm a little worse than most of you guys. Although Robert is catching up to me.

Tone2TheBone
October 1st, 2007, 11:36 AM
I shouldn't ask this, but is that the standard version or trembucker?

It's the standard version Marnold. I don't know if it's F spaced but they're 1-15/16" from outside to outside which lines up perfectly with the strings on my Les Paul Studio. I'm guessing the JB bridge pup is spaced specifically for bridge string dimensions anyway.

marnold
October 1st, 2007, 12:08 PM
It's the standard version Marnold. I don't know if it's F spaced but they're 1-15/16" from outside to outside which lines up perfectly with the strings on my Les Paul Studio. I'm guessing the JB bridge pup is spaced specifically for bridge string dimensions anyway.
It isn't. F-spacing = trembucker. I am (eventually) going to replace the pups on my Floyd, although the bridge is the last one I'd do. I was looking mainly at a Screamin' Demon, but a JB might be interesting too. The string spacing on my Floyd is a hair over two inches, so I'd need the trembucker. I tried :)

Tone2TheBone
October 1st, 2007, 12:49 PM
It isn't. F-spacing = trembucker. I am (eventually) going to replace the pups on my Floyd, although the bridge is the last one I'd do. I was looking mainly at a Screamin' Demon, but a JB might be interesting too. The string spacing on my Floyd is a hair over two inches, so I'd need the trembucker. I tried :)

Yes for you trem users the TB-4 is suited for that fit however any standard non-trem bridge will be best suited for the SH-4 which I am selling.

Spudman
October 1st, 2007, 05:30 PM
I was looking mainly at a Screamin' Demon, but a JB might be interesting too. :)

The Screamin Demon is best suited to high gain and processors if you ask me. I think as a stand alone tone pickup it would fall short of your expectations. A PAF would probably be a good choice too.

marnold
October 1st, 2007, 07:25 PM
The Screamin Demon is best suited to high gain and processors if you ask me.
That is what I would be using it for :) The two singles would be for anything else. The bridge hb is mainly for violence. And, of course, since ol' Geo Lynch hisself is my avatar . . . I heard a clip of someone playing a Screamin' Demon through a Soldano--NAILED the Lynch tone.

Tone2TheBone
October 4th, 2007, 08:31 PM
For those of you who missed this bargain you can give it a whirl at the auction listed below. Good luck.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Seymour-Duncan-SH-4-JB-Model-Bridge-Humbucker-Pickup_W0QQitemZ330173060633QQihZ014QQcategoryZ414 30QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Algonquin
October 4th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Looks pretty good Tone... :AOK:

I be itchin! :drool:

Tone2TheBone
October 15th, 2007, 08:32 AM
Ebay has struck again. Another satisfied customer. Item is SOLD.