PDA

View Full Version : Got a new amp, Crate Flexwave 15r

Duff
October 1st, 2007, 11:10 PM
Today I bought a Crate Flexwave 15r. This amp kind of found me. I was looking at some other amps and called a music store guy I know to ask him what he thinks about the Fender Frontman 25r series II; of which he had good things to say.

Then he mentioned that he just got in a Crate with a twelve inch speaker. He said it sounded real good so I drove up and checked it out.

Both the clean and distortion channels sound great and the twelve inch speaker gives it that big round bass vibe. Ninety nine dollars. Sensitive EQ section and spring reverb.

Fifteen watts and loud. A really great practice amp for my den. I have a couple other ones: a V8 and a pathfinder 15r but this one is easier to initially set up and start playing on. The distortion is so good, to my ear, that I don't need a pedal, but I will probably experiment anyway.

I really like this amp and encourage anyone looking for a practice amp to consider this FW15R. It really has some depth and you can crank it without it losing performance excellence.

Also got my new SX SST57 candy apple red strat style with tremolo bar. Really nice guitar for another ninety nine and it has that maple neck I have been wanting for some time.

So it was one of those kind of music days that turned out with me getting two items that I really like. That's something special.

Also tested out the Crate FW15R with a black GL strat copy with a really nice black pearl pickguard, fat strat type SSH. Sounded really good. I think it was three nineteen.

M29
October 2nd, 2007, 04:33 AM
Congrats Duffy, it's great when our gear comes together. Now ya get to play the crap out of them...:D
Thanks for the review!

M29

Robert
October 2nd, 2007, 06:55 AM
Congrats! It's fun to get new toyz!

TS808
October 2nd, 2007, 10:31 AM
Congrats on the purchase! Crate has really done a nice job in recent years with alot of their amps, both tube and solid-state, and the prices are very good too.

Enjoy the amp!!

Danse
October 28th, 2007, 05:57 PM
Duff, you still think this is a good amp?

I'm looking for a practice amp that I can plug a cd or Mp3 and headphones.

Looking for good sound and reverb.

Thanks,