PDA

View Full Version : Selling a Classical Record Collection??

duhvoodooman
October 2nd, 2007, 09:19 AM
Hey, does anyone here have any knowledge of or experience with selling classical records (i.e. 33 1/3 rpm vinyl albums)? My dad, who passed away in '95, had quite an extensive record collection (I'd guess somewhere around 500 albums) in a variety of genres, but the majority of it is classical. Most come from the '60's and '70's, and his collection includes a lot of top-quality stuff--Deutsche Grammaphon and the like.

In any case, my mom (age 86) is going to be selling the old homestead in the next few months to move into a senior living community, and needs to clean out a lot of stuff she won't have room for, including Dad's record collection. I may take a few of them, but the vast majority will need to go elsewhere--hopefully to someone who can appreciate them. And if I can make her a few bucks in the bargain, that would be great.

Guidance/advice anyone?

Spudman
October 2nd, 2007, 01:18 PM
Better surf the web. I know many of those old recordings are rare just because the only archive is the disc you may have. It could be time consuming but if you get one or two discs that are worth 2 or 3 hundred each then mission accomplished.