PDA

View Full Version : I sold a pedal for the music store

Robert
October 2nd, 2007, 09:19 AM
Just thought I'd mention a funny thing. I was testing guitars at Axe music in Edmonton, and when I went in the amp room to try a G&L Legacy, a sales guy and a customer where about to try two pedals, a Boss Blues Driver and a Digitech Hot Head.

The customer said, "let him play those pedals". So I did, first the BD-2, then the Hot Head. The customer was apparently impressed and said right after I played the pedals a short few moments that he'll take the Hot Head.

The sales guy said to me, "you are welcome to do that again any time, you know ;) "... I told him I want my cut after the customer leaves the store...

I just thought it was funny.

stingx
October 2nd, 2007, 09:59 AM
I have the Hot Head and Bad Monkey. I like they both equally although I seem to use the Monkey more with my Strat.

Maybe you can get a part time gig there, Robert? :beer:

Adrian30
October 2nd, 2007, 12:09 PM
The customer was apparently impressed and said right after I played the pedals a short few moments that he'll take the Hot Head.

I’m not surprised Robert. Yesterday, I watched few video clips of yours on YouTube, and I can only say IMPRESSIVE ALL THE WAY! You make those guitars really sing. Good job!

(We need a smiley for standing ovations)

R_of_G
October 2nd, 2007, 12:28 PM
Well, if you're gonna have a chance to hear them both in action before you buy, it may as well be by someone who knows what to do with a guitar. Way to go Robert!

sunvalleylaw
October 2nd, 2007, 12:37 PM
Well, if you're gonna have a chance to hear them both in action before you buy, it may as well be by someone who knows what to do with a guitar. Way to go Robert!

I would have enjoyed being present for that demo myself!:) :Dude:

Guitar Gal
October 2nd, 2007, 06:07 PM
Robert,

With all of your amp and pedal demo videos on your Dolphinstreet site, you should be asking Vox, Digitech, Danelectro, Boss, etc. for your cut of the profits.... :AOK:

I'm sure than MANY amps and pedals have been purchased by someone after seeing your videos. I also must admit that I became interested in the Danelectro line of pedals after watching/hearing your videos....:Dude:

GG

stingx
October 2nd, 2007, 06:52 PM
An endorsement would so kick ***! :AOK:

Robert
October 2nd, 2007, 07:51 PM
Yeah, how do I get an endorsement? Begging on my bare knees? :D

sunvalleylaw
October 2nd, 2007, 07:54 PM
Heck I give you a hearty endorsement, right this minute. That and $2 US dollars will get you a cup of coffee, maybe, depending on the rate of exchange. :rolleyes: ;)

Seriously, would be nice if those product lines recognized you in a positive way.

kiteman
October 3rd, 2007, 01:47 AM
Did you play, "Ironman" or "Smoke On The Water" with the pedals?

:rotflmao:

:Dude: (I hope y'all get the joke)

Bloozcat
October 3rd, 2007, 10:27 AM
Robert, I'd say you earned at least a 10%-15% discount on your next purchase from that music store!

Maybe we can start a rumor campaign for Robert. You know, sending e-mails to the various companies that Robert has done demos for on his web site. We can say in our e-mails something like:

"I was on the fence about purchasing one of your amps (or pedals, etc.), until I heard how they can sound when played by a real professional like Robert Renman. I don't know if Robert endorses you amps (pedals, etc.), but you'd be missing a real opportunity if he isn't. He makes your amps (pedals, etc.) just sing.

Sincerely,
Bloozcat"

Let them all scramble to find out who Robert Renman is, and why they haven't heard of him, let alone not signed him to an endorsement contract...

What da ya think? :D

Robert
October 3rd, 2007, 11:05 AM
I'm all for that one!! :D: :D :D :AOK: