PDA

View Full Version : New PG - What thinks you?

sunvalleylaw
October 3rd, 2007, 11:28 AM
I took my knobs off and slipped it under the strings to get the idea. What do you think? I think I am going to stay with the white knobs on this guitar over the Tort. Cream knobs seem just a little off on the "Blizzard Pearl" color, but I like the tortoise shell on it, with the contrast of white. This is the PG I purchased from Tone.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/sunvalleylaw/P1000675.jpg

Robert
October 3rd, 2007, 11:35 AM
Looks great Steve!

Adrian30
October 3rd, 2007, 11:44 AM
I like it a lot! The contrast btw the dark PG and the muted color of the body is working so well. Go for it:AOK:

sunvalleylaw
October 3rd, 2007, 11:45 AM
Looks great Steve!

Heh, Heh, I noticed after I posted that the PG/knob combo matches your Deluxe Players' Strat. Hmm, whom am I trying to emulate? :beer:

Hey, this can give you an idea of how your guitar will look with that maple fretboard 60th Ann. Std. neck like mine!

Adrian30, thanks man! I am going to. I head out to Moab, UT for a MTB trip Fri. A.M. and have a ton to get done before, so install is going to wait a week or so, but I think it is going to be a fun change once it is done. :)

t_ross33
October 3rd, 2007, 01:08 PM
Looks awesome Steve! Me likey! :AOK: :beer: :pancake :drool: :Dude:

Tone2TheBone
October 3rd, 2007, 01:15 PM
That's a killer tort pg dude and it's chock full of MOJO!

sunvalleylaw
October 3rd, 2007, 01:19 PM
Yeah, I was thinking that as I pulled it out and looked at it Tone! Thanks for the knobs too. They might be really cool on the Fully when I finally drop that zebra pup in.

duhvoodooman
October 3rd, 2007, 01:20 PM
That's a killer tort pg dude and it's chock full of MOJO!
More likely coming from you that it's chock full of Mexican beer fumes and Cheetos crumbs! ;) :D

sunvalleylaw
October 3rd, 2007, 01:22 PM
Huh, so that was that orange dust that dropped out of the envelope. Now I get it.

pie_man_25
October 3rd, 2007, 01:46 PM
nice strat, I think I might change my saga with a white pearloid pickguard, but that may ruin the contrast of the dark emerald green and white.

Tone2TheBone
October 3rd, 2007, 01:52 PM
More likely coming from you that it's chock full of Mexican beer fumes and Cheetos crumbs! ;) :D

My mojo seeps through all of that stuff don't worry Steve you'll be set! Cheetos rule!

ted s
October 3rd, 2007, 01:52 PM
Nice Steve, giver..

Spudman
October 3rd, 2007, 02:22 PM
That looks real good Sunnysteveo. I trust it got a good adjustment as well.:D

ted s
October 3rd, 2007, 02:40 PM
Is it somewhat funny that lawyer Steve has a tort pickguard ? :crazyguy:

duhvoodooman
October 3rd, 2007, 02:49 PM
Is it somewhat funny that lawyer Steve has a tort pickguard ?
Yes! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

sunvalleylaw
October 3rd, 2007, 03:33 PM
Is it somewhat funny that lawyer Steve has a tort pickguard ? :crazyguy:

I think what that smiley thing is doing constitutes a tort in these parts! :rotflmao:

Ok, no Larry Craig jokes. :nono: :D

sunvalleylaw
October 3rd, 2007, 04:30 PM
Thanks guys for the comments and thanks Tone for the PG and knobs. I am building quite a collection of Tone handmedowns over here.:beer: :pancake :R

Algonquin
October 3rd, 2007, 08:34 PM
Thanks guys for the comments and thanks Tone for the PG and knobs. I am building quite a collection of Tone handmedowns over here.:beer: :pancake :R

You and a few lucky others here me thinks!

I'm relatively new around here, but I've seen some nice equipment passed on for others to enjoy.

Steve, the new guard looks awesome on you strat!

I'd love to be able to wait for T2TB to decide to yank his '57 out of his Studio and offer it a new home, but I don't think I have the patience.

Cheers, :beer:

David

M29
October 3rd, 2007, 09:03 PM
The guard looks sweet Steve! I like your guitar sling as well I have one just like it:AOK:

M29

stingx
October 4th, 2007, 05:39 AM
I think that combo looks very nice - good contrast. HOWEVER, I am a sucker for mint or parchment guards and aged hardware on white Strats. Moto and Tort seem to "shitkicker" for me.

duhvoodooman
October 4th, 2007, 07:13 AM
Moto and Tort seem to [sic] "shitkicker" for me.
Real nice!! Well at least we moto and tort PG owners know where we rank in your estimation now, Sting! :eek: ;) :D

stingx
October 4th, 2007, 07:59 AM
http://www.stubble.org/temp/guitars/Fender001.jpg

:rotflmao:

Brian Krashpad
October 4th, 2007, 11:37 AM
I think it looks cool Steve!

Almost as cool as Tone's Barnabus Collins avatar. ;)

Man, I used to be obsessed with that show in junior high school. It's a good thing my mom didn't pay attention to that show; if she realized it included people with a severed pirate's head in a glass case and a whole cemetary full of pirates coming back to life I'm guessing I wouldn't have been allowed to watch it.

Tone2TheBone
October 4th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Haha. I'm surprised Jimi35 hasn't said anything about his idol Johnny playing Barnabas in the up and coming Dark Shadows movie. I used to love watching it when I was a kid.

Don't forget to post more pics when you get that shitkickin' tort guard in Steve. Also pics of the Fully with your zebra. :AOK:

sunvalleylaw
October 4th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Haha. I'm surprised Jimi35 hasn't said anything about his idol Johnny playing Barnabas in the up and coming Dark Shadows movie. I used to love watching it when I was a kid.

Don't forget to post more pics when you get that shitkickin' tort guard in Steve. Also pics of the Fully with your zebra. :AOK:

Yah, will do! Good thing I got my tort fix in with this PG. I had been thinking of adding a tort PG to the Fullerton after putting in the Pups, but it will have to be a custom cut, and the first estimate I got of cutting one from a tracing was $75.:eek: :thwap: Heck, I only paid $45 plus shipping for the durn guitar. So no PG for it at this point unless I find a cheaper option. It is the Black ST-4 that does not have a PG at all anyway, so it is not necessary. Excited for this one on my strat though. Even though it is being over-run by OC, (and NYC, and SF, and Seattle/Redmond), Ketchum still has some shitekickin' qualities about it. :beer:

tot_Ou_tard
October 4th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Just imagine how much sh!t I can kick!

http://www.musikshopen.com/live/images/GodinRadiator.jpg

tunghaichuan
October 4th, 2007, 10:01 PM
That is pretty dang cool. :AOK:

Tone2TheBone
October 4th, 2007, 10:23 PM
You and a few lucky others here me thinks!

I'm relatively new around here, but I've seen some nice equipment passed on for others to enjoy.

Steve, the new guard looks awesome on you strat!

I'd love to be able to wait for T2TB to decide to yank his '57 out of his Studio and offer it a new home, but I don't think I have the patience.

Cheers, :beer:

David

In the words of the immortal Uncle Ted Nugent, you can have my '57 Surf Green Fender Stratocaster when and IF you can pry it from my cold dead hands. The spirit of the wild lives on! ;) :beer:

sunvalleylaw
October 4th, 2007, 11:30 PM

:AOK: :AOK: :Dude: :beer:

Spudman
October 5th, 2007, 12:05 AM
Another Mother of Toilet Seat thread hijack.:D

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/Guitars/guitars020.jpg

tot_Ou_tard
October 5th, 2007, 06:17 AM
Another Mother of Toilet Seat thread hijack.:D