PDA

View Full Version : I hate airlines such as SAS

Robert
February 26th, 2006, 06:24 AM
SAS = Scandinavian Airlines

We (4 people) just got home from Sweden. The plane from Umea to Stockholm was with SAS, and so was next plane to Frankfurt. The first plane had a problem and wouldn't start, so the delay caused us to miss the plane to Frankfurt. Now, the agent tells us the booking from Ume to Stockholm was different, and the only way for us to get to Frankfurt was to pay $4000 CDN. We said, "we booked it all from Canada, and both these flights are with your airline, doesn't that count?" They said, "no". Ohh, how I want to smash a Squier on their heads! We had no choice but to pay. We were lucky we got on the next flight in time and didn't miss the plane from Frankfurt to Canada. We'll try to talk to our travel agent and see what they can do.

Hope you guys had a better weekend...

SuperSwede
February 26th, 2006, 08:14 AM
Welcome back Robert!

I am sorry that you had such a bad experience with SAS. I have never had any problems with them. But it sure is strange that they did not replace your tickets when it obviously was their fault!

warren0728
February 26th, 2006, 08:47 AM
i agree ss....robert definately make some calls to both your agent and the airline....no way you should have to pay

ww

Tim
February 26th, 2006, 10:16 AM
What a bummer. Flying is for the birds. I would definitely file a major compliant with the airlines. Tell them if you do not get your money back, you are going to create a BLOG about the airline and what they did. Seems to me it was the airlines fault not yours. You were where you were supposed to be. The airlines did not fulfill they part of the bargin … which was getting you home!

I think BLOGGING is a good threat to throw at companies these days. They have no control over a BLOG, which can make them look awful bad.

Welcom home Robert.